formariz

All of a sudden update

Handy Don
7 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Motorola radios

For the last 20 years that I’ve noticed our local constabularies, their radios have been on the belt with a remote mic clipped at the shoulder. The cars either have built-in radios or a socket that holds the portable radio connecting it to.power, antenna, and a dash-clipped microphone.

953 nut
On 2/22/2024 at 4:24 PM, rmaynard said:

The biggest lie is that our drug companies must foot the bill for research and development.

Research and testing a drug or system is quite expensive, but keeping the competition from having an advantage is much more expensive. The son of one of my best friends worked for several years developing an insulin dispensing system which would be implanted and act the same as the pancreas.  He was a graduate student at MIT and did the research as part of his Doctoral Thesis in their labs. He took on a few investors to fund clinical trials and in the end MERCK bought his patent rights for half a Billion dollars and put it on the shelf because it would be a direct competitor with their diabetes drug Januvia. Once the Januvia patent runs out they may use his system but for now they are preventing the competition from offering us an alternative.

My friend's son is now operating a private research lab staffed by MIT graduate students studying cancer cures using the body's own immune system. I pray that their efforts will not be put on a shelf too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1