grinchsr

Scalp roller bracket mess

grinchsr

Does anyone make a bolt on bracket to replace the front one on my deck?  I checked on our vendors with no luck.  I said bolt on because I do not own a welder.   Another question has anyone cut with a deck minus the center roller?

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

• Sad 1

8ntruck

If your yard is flat enough, you should be ok mowing without the anti scalp roller.  It usually does not touch the ground while mowing.

If your lawn is lumpy, or if you need to drive over small rises to get onto the lawn, you are going to need that roller.

• Like 1

CCW

If you cannot find one then a couple of pieces of 2x2 angle iron could be bolted on.  Then would just need a bit of fabrication work to get over the rolled edge of the deck.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

I'd bend it straight, put the L bracket on outside of each side, make a sandwich with the original bracket kept on so to speak, line up the holes and bolt L to the deck...

:twocents-twocents:

• Like 3

grinchsr

Thanks for the ideas.

Bill D

Wish you were closer.  I'd weld that up for you 

stevebo

I am no great welder Ray but I could help you with that. 

• Excellent 1

grinchsr

Thanks for the offers Bill and Steve.  I am going to try to run with out it for now my yard is not all that bumpy.  I think it is beyond welding at this point anyway.   I picked this deck up for a $100 and a seat.  It is amazing what people can do to a deck

Rick3478
On 10/8/2023 at 10:12 PM, grinchsr said:

Does anyone make a bolt on bracket to replace the front one on my deck?  I checked on our vendors with no luck.  I said bolt on because I do not own a welder.   Another question has anyone cut with a deck minus the center roller?

002.JPG

It's ugly, but still has some steel where it's needed.  I think I'd straighten it up with a big crescent wrench, hammer, and body block and shove some washers alongside the roller so the rough rusty areas don't tear it up.   I don't see the axle or roller in any of the photos, so don't know what they look like but can be re-used or replaced as needed.

• Like 1