Sign in to follow this  
dceratti

stearing wheels

dceratti

i just had a 56 rj-35 given to me and it has a dune buggy stearing wheel on it. where can i find an orignal one ?

TT

:thumbs:

What do you mean by "dune buggy steering wheel"?

The original (early?) 1956 RJ-35 wheel should be a small cast iron three spoke wheel like this:

misc059-1.jpg

The newer three spoke wheels with the molded "rubber" grip show up occasionally on eBay but you'll probably have to fight for one of them too.

As far as finding the small cast wheel...... there has been at least one person who reproduced this style of steering wheel but I haven't seen any advertised recently. The guys who have an "extra" original probably won't part with it - unless you have a well-stocked wallet - and the few I've seen on eBay went for much more than a steering wheel should. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

:thumbs:

What do you mean by "dune buggy steering wheel"?

The original (early?) 1956 RJ-35 wheel should be a small cast iron three spoke wheel like this:

The newer three spoke wheels with the molded "rubber" grip show up occasionally on eBay but you'll probably have to fight for one of them too.

:ychain: And congradulations on landing a RJ-56! Yes the very early 1956-RJ's had a cast Iron steering wheel But sometime in 1956 they went to the rubber coated ones like were on the 57's 58's and so on. either one can be correct. Bill Jenkins sells the Repo cast Iron ones. Good luck in your resto! Lets see some pics! :thumbs2:

TJ

:thumbs2: