WHMan2012

GT-20 with 44" Snowblower

WHMan2012

I'll keep this in mind, TY . I was thinking of doing something like this, just wasn't sure until I got some advice from you guys first. The other tranny I have from the GT-14 I had just parted out seemed weak as well, plus they don't just fall out into your lap and with Winter already here now, I may be out of options. At first I thought this thing was going to tear it up, she took off running great, throwing the snow beautifully and then on my third pass I could see her starting struggle to lift the blower. I did this project because I just had back surgery in August and knew I couldn't lift this blower up manually anymore. Really don't want to look for another tractor and have to switch everything over, who knows how the next tranny will be. These are the type of headaches we run into with dealing with these old girls, it's just better when everything goes as planned, lol. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

8 hours ago, WHMan2012 said:

Is there anyone on here that knows these trannys that can offer me some help

There's a few very good threads on this site somewhere about rebuilding a hydro back around your vintage. 

Poke around the Instructional section and transmission of course. 

• Thanks 1

WHMan2012

The Lucas transmission stop slip is helping, it's getting better each day. Thanks for the input I'll keep you guys informed as it goes along. I'm hoping this gets me through the Winter at least or until I come up with a plan B lmao. Thanks Again, this site has never let me down, you guys are great.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1