ksellers

H60 Recoil Starter

ksellers

I am making good progress on the wheelhorse that I got for my boys. However, the recoil starter determined it wanted to stop working. I have done some research and it appears that the style that is on it is different than the standard Tecumseh recoil starter. Is this true? If so, where can I get parts? I am primarily needing the spring for it. Any recommendations on where to find it and how to install it without having it snap at me is greatly appreciated!

20231001_233758033_iOS.jpg

20231001_233755427_iOS.jpg

ri702bill

I may be all wet on this one - but that looks like a Lauson recoil - last made around 1961.......

ksellers
55 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

I may be all wet on this one - but that looks like a Lauson recoil - last made around 1961.......

That's what I was seeing as well. The tractor is believed to be a 1964. Is it possible Tecumseh used starters similar to the lauson ones for a while? The pictures I found show the company name on them, it doesn't look like this one ever had that. 

If I can find a new spring for it, that would be wonderful, otherwise I will have to pursue other options.