Dennis C.

314H with 42" deck

Dennis C.

I have a 1996 314H with a 42" deck. Will the standard 2 bagger attachment work with this deck or do i need the powered type bagger?

Also, do you need special blades when using the un-powered bagger? Thanks in advance.

Darb1964

I have that set up on my 312-A with the power loader run by a small BS. I bought the entire package used few years ago and it works fine, although I need to change the BS. It has  low oil protection and on a side hill it stops running, put a little extra oil in it it blows out the air filter. Was a replacement by PO. Not right for that setup. You would need high lift blades without loader, I also have a high lift set up on a much smaller deck and bagger that works OK need to go slow in heavy grass and leaves. The bigger deck not sure how that would perform with just high lift blades.

Dennis C.
32 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I have that set up on my 312-A with the power loader run by a small BS. I bought the entire package used few years ago and it works fine, although I need to change the BS. It has  low oil protection and on a side hill it stops running, put a little extra oil in it it blows out the air filter. Was a replacement by PO. Not right for that setup. You would need high lift blades without loader, I also have a high lift set up on a much smaller deck and bagger that works OK need to go slow in heavy grass and leaves. The bigger deck not sure how that would perform with just high lift blades.

Thanks for the info. Saved me a un-neccessary road trip. Guess I'll buy a sweeper instead. Those powered baggers are not easy to come by