12 minutes ago, ML3 said:

What a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

12 minutes ago, ML3 said:

IMG_20230929_193420926.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

ML3
9 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

What a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad to have it. Got mower & snow plow too! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

What a beaut!  How’s the diesel RJ doing by the way?

ML3
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

What a beaut!  How’s the diesel RJ doing by the way?

Going pretty good. Haven't been able to spend much time as work has me swamped. I have it running & moving. Few minor adjustments. Drive belt was slipping when climbing a slight grade. I fixed that. Working on a throttle control so I don't have to reach way down to adjust. Want to get a few hours running as is to be sure all is good. Hopefully sometime by end of year I can find a complete, uncut hood & maybe a fuel tank too 🤞 Then I can remove the existing fuel tank on engine. I'll also make a scale exhaust stack to clear hood. 

IMG_20230927_182214583.jpg

IMG_20230927_182157385.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Wild Bill 633

@ML3Please tell us about the AHO Road sign.

ML3

Got that from a friend of mine. He lived in Boone N.C. He works for NCDOT. It's an actual road there! 🤣

• Like 1

ML3

Original s/n tag in paperwork for my RJ. 

Serial number hard to make out but it's 18359

IMG_20230930_195023131.jpg

The Freightliner Guy
On 9/30/2023 at 4:33 AM, ML3 said:

Going pretty good. Haven't been able to spend much time as work has me swamped. I have it running & moving. Few minor adjustments. Drive belt was slipping when climbing a slight grade. I fixed that. Working on a throttle control so I don't have to reach way down to adjust. Want to get a few hours running as is to be sure all is good. Hopefully sometime by end of year I can find a complete, uncut hood & maybe a fuel tank too 🤞 Then I can remove the existing fuel tank on engine. I'll also make a scale exhaust stack to clear hood. 

more intact then the hood on mine

ML3
24 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

more intact then the hood on mine

Thanks, now I don't feel as bad bout my hood. That bothers me most was the hood being cut. Hopefully someone on forum has a complete hood & especially with a fuel tank! 🤞

The Freightliner Guy
1 minute ago, ML3 said:

Thanks, now I don't feel as bad bout my hood. That bothers me most was the hood being cut. Hopefully someone on forum has a complete hood & especially with a fuel tank! 🤞

mine is faded orange and is cut before the steering colum

rmaynard
On 9/30/2023 at 10:56 AM, ML3 said:

Got that from a friend of mine. He lived in Boone N.C. He works for NCDOT. It's an actual road there! 🤣

I'm headed to Boone next week. Can I just take a road signs if I see one I like? :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ML3
35 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

mine is faded orange and is cut before the steering colum

I had to cut mine just after steering column & that was the best I could do. It was cut really crooked by guy I bought it from & no way to make it look neat. Kinda a bummer cause tank straps are all intact with no holes drilled to hold them to underside of hood. Whoever attempted/started to work on tractor really did a lot of hack work. He went on & on bout his "great" bodywork. Most the paint flaked off. Roll pins????? No he used bent nails. 

The Freightliner Guy
On 9/30/2023 at 4:33 AM, ML3 said:

your running the stock exhaust right? does it blow on the frame

ML3
7 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

your running the stock exhaust right? does it blow on the frame

It's the original exhaust that came w/engine. Actually the top of muffler swivels 360°- there's a wing nut on top. I did have to notch out the hood. I didn't want to but the hood was already cut crooked & looked terrible. I cleaned it up as best I could. Trying to find a complete uncut hood w/gas tank. I'll remove fuel tank from engine which will allow hood to fit. That's when I'll make a stack to clear the new hood. 

Here's a close up pic of exhaust from when I was assembling tractor.....

IMG_20230716_140412930.jpg

Edited by ML3

The Freightliner Guy

i see im putting in a 212 and a found a stock 212 exhaust so im hopeing itll work

ML3
12 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

i see im putting in a 212 and a found a stock 212 exhaust so im hopeing itll work

Here's the 212 that's going in my rat rod Suburban. There's plenty options for exhaust routing. 

IMG_20230627_194823354.jpg

• Like 1