LandoCommando214

Hydraulic Lift After Rebuild

LandoCommando214

Gents, I'm puzzled. Has anyone had issues getting their hydraulic system working after a teardown and rebuild? I can only get my cylinder to actuate if I crack open the hydraulic hose connection that returns the fluid, letting it leak out onto the floor. It's like my return hose back to the pump is blocked or something. Any thoughts on this? Any chance it's air in the system? 

PXL_20230923_223735172.jpg.28b8a5b2f3b998874f75391992e69a13.jpg

pfrederi

Are you sure you have the lobes connected to the pump correctly?

Did you put the relief valves back in the correct side of the pump?

My sunstrands are older and use the outside valve bank but I have never had a problem with air lock after overhauls.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

Did you replace the hoses as part of your rebuild?

There was a thread on here, maybe a year ago with someone having a problem like this.

After some checking they found one of the fittings on a new house was never drilled completely through on the inside.

Thats certainly a rare one, but worth checking yours hoses.

• Excellent 1

8ntruck

Is there a flow control valve in the return line?  Might be closed.

• Like 1

LandoCommando214
23 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Did you replace the hoses as part of your rebuild?

There was a thread on here, maybe a year ago with someone having a problem like this.

After some checking they found one of the fittings on a new house was never drilled completely through on the inside.

Thats certainly a rare one, but worth checking yours hoses.

Guys, this was the problem. New hose and one of the crimped fittings was not drilled through so it would not allow fluid to return. I put one of the old lines on for now, but man, I wouldn't have guessed this was the culprit being a new hose. Thanks to all for your help!!

• Like 1

pfrederi

It really frosts me when a new part is faulty.  I spend al lot of time searching for a problem because "Well it is new ...must not be that"

Glad you found it

• Like 1

oliver2-44
43 minutes ago, LandoCommando214 said:

Guys, this was the problem. New hose and one of the crimped fittings was not drilled through so it would not allow fluid to return. I put one of the old lines on for now, but man, I wouldn't have guessed this was the culprit being a new hose. Thanks to all for your help!!

Please contact the vendor you got the hose from and let him know about the fitting.    The other recent problem just like this was from Wheel Horse Parts and More. If it was from them, Lovel will want to know he has more that one bad fitting in his stock.  He is a  great vendor and will make it right with the faulty hose.

• Like 1

LandoCommando214
9 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Please contact the vendor you got the hose from and let him know about the fitting.    The other recent problem just like this was from Wheel Horse Parts and More. If it was from them, Lovel will want to know he has more that one bad fitting in his stock.  He is a  great vendor and will make it right with the faulty hose.

Will do, that's where it was from. I've purchased quite a bit from him in the past and always had great customer support. I'm going to send him an email tonight.