Sign in to follow this  
baerpath

MFG Date of Commando 800

baerpath

Ben brought this up in pictures section, Commando 800 in Martino's book says no 800 in 71. :thumbs: PO's original paperwork says bought date Aug 12 or 13 1971 on receipt

How do model years run was it like cars that end of model year wasn't necesarially year end calender ? :thumbs:

Duane

C-Series14

What does the tag say on the left side of the hoodstand? I have found that some tractors made late in one year are actually next years model. Some kind of fiscal year like the Air Force! :thumbs:

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben brought this up in pictures section, Commando 800 in Martino's book says no 800 in 71. :thumbs: PO's original paperwork says bought date Aug 12 or 13 1971 on receipt

How do model years run was it like cars that end of model year wasn't necesarially year end calender ? :thumbs:

Duane

I should :D to myself because I know the years and models for the Commando 800's and other tractors . model # 1-0110 '72 Commando 3-Speed . :P:D Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

What does the tag say on the left side of the hoodstand? I have found that some tractors made late in one year are actually next years model. Some kind of fiscal year like the Air Force! :thumbs:

Mike, I have the experience in my tractors and the know how because I have the time to work on them all . no service Army or reserve job for me . :thumbs: Ben

baerpath

I think your right :thumbs: Stand reads 1-0110 7 way at the end

So made and bought in 71 but a 72 model year tractor. :D

Works for me

nylyon

I bought my 1994 416-h in October of 1993

C-Series14

Sounds right Duane...You see alot of that on the tractors with the date of manufacture on the second line like on my C-Series. It will have a 8340 which is the 340th day of 1978 but it will have a 91-XXXXXX for the VIN making it a 1979. I don't know what they go by cause I have seen earlier dates in the one year and it is the next years model!

BPjunk

It depends when the dealer got their shippment in, for the most part it goes the other way around whith these tractors as a 1965 tractor will have a 1964 mower deck because that is what the dealer had in stock at the time of the sale. I purchaed a 1966 model 856 with a 1963 snowplow ... both bought new at the same time from the dealer.

Duane, That picture in your avatar is NEAT :thumbs:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Stripes

PO's original paperwork says bought date Aug 12 or 13 1971 on receipt

What paperwork was that?

I purchased that tractor May 4, 1974 from West Seneca Tool Rental INC. A really nice guy, Paul Pilbrow, had the franchise for this area. I hemmed and hawed over the excessive price of the new tractors so he cut me a deal on a left over Commando 800 which was several hundred less that the current models he was selling. The cost was $795 and with tax I paid $850.65.

The tractor was on a pallet and wrapped in plastic. Paul prepped it and delivered it a couple days later.

Obviously I knew this was old stock but then for a device of this sort does that really matter.

I had two complaints. The tractor was very rough riding. It didn't have any springing of any sort on the seat so I ordered the two seat springs for it that are on it now. I think those are from a "B" series tractor.

Secondly, the PTO engagement lever tends to bump your leg in the shins when you hit a bump; most unpleasant.

I've still got the original bill of sale from 1974 which I didn't send along with the other paperwork because, well it shows my address and all but if it increases the value of the tractor for you I could send it.

Incidentally, I know the steering wheel button with he WH logo is around here someplace. If I find it I will let you know.

CHARGER9AUTO

I think your right :thumbs: Stand reads 1-0110 7 way at the end

So made and bought in 71 but a 72 model year tractor. :D

Works for me

Duane , I think someone purchased the tractor in '71 with the paper work . Ben

baerpath

What paperwork was that?

I purchased that tractor May 4, 1974 from West Seneca Tool Rental INC. A really nice guy, Paul Pilbrow, had the franchise for this area. I hemmed and hawed over the excessive price of the new tractors so he cut me a deal on a left over Commando 800 which was several hundred less that the current models he was selling. The cost was $795 and with tax I paid $850.65.

The tractor was on a pallet and wrapped in plastic. Paul prepped it and delivered it a couple days later.

Obviously I knew this was old stock but then for a device of this sort does that really matter.

I had two complaints. The tractor was very rough riding. It didn't have any springing of any sort on the seat so I ordered the two seat springs for it that are on it now. I think those are from a "B" series tractor.

Secondly, the PTO engagement lever tends to bump your leg in the shins when you hit a bump; most unpleasant.

I've still got the original bill of sale from 1974 which I didn't send along with the other paperwork because, well it shows my address and all but if it increases the value of the tractor for you I could send it.

Incidentally, I know the steering wheel button with he WH logo is around here someplace. If I find it I will let you know.

Theres a recipt in the white book dated I thought Aug 12 or 13 1971 Could be maybe be a 4 I'm in New England for the week I'll check it when I get Home Sat.

Duane

PS I don't know if sales recipt makes it more valuable ?

I do know it fired right up with a jump and I do have a deck that will fit it. :thumbs: