horseman with no horse

Sundstrand pump swap

horseman with no horse

I have a wore out sundstrand 310007 charge pump and motor assembly sitting on my 1967 wheel horse 1076. I’m about to get a 90-2046 unit. They are identical minus the tow valve and year built. They make the same PSI/GPM and have the same hydraulic ports in the same spot. Will the 90/2046 swap right in? I assume it will bolt together right up but I don’t know for sure. The 310007 came of a hydro gear wheel a matic 5054 bottom half, and the 90-2046 came out of a 6065 or something of that nature.

daveoman1966

Your 1076 is way way beyond 50 yrs old....  so too will be any 90-2046 unit you install as replacement.  My bet would be that you are replacing one worn-out pump with another worn-out pump.  To rebuild the pump is NOT a difficult endeavor...  and would be my first choice over ---fingers crossed--- the replacement is good.  Here is my rebuild .pdf file...  I tons of pics if needed to assist.  

SUNDSTRAND HYDROGEAR refurb.pdf

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

horseman with no horse

I know how to rebuild the pump, and this pump is for testing purposes only, so again I ask will it mount? Idc if it’s worn, will they bolt together and “work”?

horseman with no horse
7 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

Your 1076 is way way beyond 50 yrs old....  so too will be any 90-2046 unit you install as replacement.  My bet would be that you are replacing one worn-out pump with another worn-out pump.  To rebuild the pump is NOT a difficult endeavor...  and would be my first choice over ---fingers crossed--- the replacement is good.  Here is my rebuild .pdf file...  I tons of pics if needed to assist.  

SUNDSTRAND HYDROGEAR refurb.pdf 3.35 MB · 0 downloads

Will my 90-2046 fit and work? I just want to test it. 

horseman with no horse

Alright well I’m just gonna have to find out if they are compatible myself once I get the unit. 🤞 

• Like 1

horseman with no horse

Alrighty, I received the new motor/pump. Thanks to Alex.R for helping out. :greetings-clappingyellow: I’m gonna get a baseline tomorrow with the current pump because I now have my brake lever welded so my belt issue should be alleviated. I’ll compare the pumps and show the swap process when I inevitably get there. I’m definitely going to rebuild my old pump too, that guide is pretty detailed @daveoman1966 I’ll see what my testing tomorrow entails and keep you posted.