gwood

Seat height modification

gwood

Would like to know if any of you can tell me where I am to install a height spacer part #110932 on my 520H seat? 1) between the seat and forward/backward adjuster 2) between the adjuster and spring 3) between the spring and swivel plate Sure appreciate any help on this!

JCM

What year / model # 520-H . Part # 109989 nylon spacer goes between the seat and top of adjuster.

• Like 3

gwood

My seat question maybe was not clear! I have 4 steel spacers about 3/4 " long ( part #110932 )that I believe need installed on 4 corners of the seat assembly to raise my seat.

Here is my question: Have you installed these spacers on any of your tractors, and if so? 1)  Should they go between the springs and swivel plate or 2) between the springs and the forward/ backward adjusters.  The tractor I'm working on is a 520 H  20 HP Onan Performer 20 XSL engine  Engine ID number 31- 200E01  15180  

Wheel Horse Tractor Serial # 1983386703   (1989)?

Will appreciate your help.

lynnmor

The spacers are shown on the bottom of the adjuster in this drawing.

peter lena

@gwood  question , what are you trying to improve on ? height , back / forth ? angle ?  done a number of seats  , found  , sitting  along side that problem area , stool , gives you the view  possible change  ?   spot / area , obviousely  not as quick / easy  for your issue . have also  re drilled  and extended  mounting points .  Pete 

gwood
5 hours ago, lynnmor said:

The spacers are shown on the bottom of the adjuster in this drawing.

Thank you for responding lynnmor. I see that on the drawing you sent! I need to bring the back of the seat higher and it looks like Peter Lena has a way to do that. You have a wonderful day! 

peter lena

@gwood  scroll down on paint recovery , notice the bolt on coils ? , changed out the seat base , so I could do it , really  helps , seat angle ,  experiment , if you want to , pete 

gwood
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@gwood  question , what are you trying to improve on ? height , back / forth ? angle ?  done a number of seats  , found  , sitting  along side that problem area , stool , gives you the view  possible change  ?   spot / area , obviousely  not as quick / easy  for your issue . have also  re drilled  and extended  mounting points .  Pete 

Hi Pete and thanks for getting back to me! I didn't ask about how to raise the back of the seat in my question because I just believed all 4 spacers had to be installed. I tried to put a spacer at the rear of the seat between the spring and the swivel plate but seemed like that will put to much angle pressure on the front bolts?

Just brought your additional comments on my 1Pad and will now go to that to follow your them. Thanks Pete!  

• Like 1

gwood
On 9/25/2023 at 8:13 AM, peter lena said:

Peter, I apologize for not sending you an response to my seat question! I appreciate the possible change of raising the 520-H rear seat height but decided to leave it unchanged because I want to keep it as original as possible. Have a couple other s I may want to do as you recommended, Thanks for your expertise!

Gary 

• Thanks 1