Sign in to follow this  
Redbird

Gas & Steam Engine Show

clintonnut

The show was great. Nice to meet all of you! I want to say thank you to Fireman, Coach, and Gerry for getting the 953 to me. Also thank you Jimt1971 for helping me winch the tractor up onto the trailer. It's a big project but the end result will be awesome. Eldon I promise I will drive your 595 some time :scratchead: . The next show is the rough and tumble fall time of harvest. There is a good competitive garden tractor pull there that is worth going to.

Will post pics later.

Charlie

Gerry w

Kathy and I made our trip to PA. on Friday and Sat., in all we logged over 1,050 miles and made contact with a lot of good people.

It all started with Pat and his finding a D's snow blower for me and then fixing it up, then came Scott and the front blade. While trying to hop-scotch this thing closer to my house, offers from Nick and SoreKiwi , and Eldon,to name a few, Pat told me that Ken was willing to drive it to the show in PA. for me, that worked!

But then came the idea I got to give my "old" front blade to David, he's never seen one, and I didn't need two, so....Pat got a hold of Ken again and now it's on it's way to Indy.

But it's better, there was a young named Charlie on RS who needed to have a tractor he got taken from Conn./NY area to the show in PA. Karl on RS was looking for a way to get it to him and so I offered and Karl offered a complete stranger,(Me) the use of his trailer to help to move it there. When I was setting this up with Karl another member offered me a rear attachment hitch for my D that I needed! Thanks Sparkie!

To recap:

Pat found and fixed up a blower for me

Scott got a D blade for me

Ken took my blower and front blade to PA. for me,

I picked up Charlie's tractor at Karl's who had it set up on his trailer so it could happen,

I picked up a RAH from Sparkie at Karl's

Charlie got his tractor from Fireman,with mower deck and front blade delivered in PA.

I got a recoil from Charlie for Kathy's LR

Jim received a techie 7hpw motor from me and helped us winch Charlie's 953 onto the truck!

Never did get to meet Eldon who was busy pulling with his tractor, but thank you for all you did to help set this up! Maybe next time?

Did get to meet Wild Bill who had driven up to the show,(but had no idea who I was!)

Met Charlie's Dad and his friend, also Ken's daughter as well as Karl's, great kids!

And Charlie is just one heck of an impressive young man who was VERY happy to get his tractor and wanted to thank everyone who was part of this impressive chain of events. (And yes Karl, you where a BIG part of it regardless of what you state!)

Ken, I can never thank you enough, if I can EVER do anything for you my friend, ask.

Thanks to all, I'm working on the blade and working the lever areas loose to prepare it for the tractor. Then on to the blower to set it up. Sorry for the long post! Will try to post pics later.

canam1991

:scratchead: :hide:

Gerry w

Some pics, again, great to meet all of you and thanks to all.

Karl and I with the loaded tractor for Charlie, thanks for the use of the trailer!

DSCN3830.jpg

The crew loading it up!

DSCN3836.jpg

Jim winching it up on the trailer.

DSCN3839.jpg

Jim, looking at the motor I gave him, (do I REALLY want this??)

DSCN3840.jpg

Jim, Charlie, Charlie's Dad, Charlies friend,David(tractordave3128.) me

DSCN3842.jpg

Ride anyone??

DSCN3843.jpg

Just Kool!!

DSCN3844.jpg

Ken and I with Ken's daughter in the background.

DSCN3850.jpg

Ride anyone??

DSCN3866.jpg

The loaded Honda..

clintonnut

My friend is David. He's new to this forum and his username is tractordave3128.

Great pics Gerry. The pics explain it all.

Charlie

tractordave3128

very good time......awful lot of fun loading the well put toghetehr machine haha :scratchead: