Sign in to follow this  
Redbird

Gas & Steam Engine Show

Redbird

Anyone going to the Gas & Steam engine show in Windsor PA Oct 1-4? We're planning on going and bringing a few horses. Not sure which ones yet. I called to get info and YES they do have primative camping and the use of their fire rings. They have 3 different areas on the grounds, so , you can choose where you want to camp. Camping is free, as is exibiting, but donations are welcome. They will require you to register any and all horses you plan to ride around the show grounds on, They'll give you a small card to attach to each tractor you plan on using for transportation. And, YES, Wheel Horse is the featured tractor this year! :thumbs2: Hope to see you there.

Buzz

I plan on being there. I had to register my horse today at the Threshermens Reunion in Kinzer PA to be able to ride it. No big deal. Talked to Jim (Jimt1971) and his wife today at the show and they plan on coming also and bringing a couple of 'Horses. See you there.

jimt1971

Hello,

As Buzz said my wife and I are going to bring at least the Raider 12 Silver Mutt and the 657. I am unsure about the 1054a as that is one big dog to haul. We will be there on Saturday.

Thanks,

Jim

clintonnut

We'll be there with a couple tractors saturday.

Charlie

Buzz

Just bumping to\his back to the top:

Wheel Horse will be the featured garden tractor this year. The show is in Windsor PA (near York) and will be held October 1-4. I talked to some of the members up at Jacktown and they said they were having a seperate area for Wheel Horses. I'm planning on going out Friday and Saturday. They have primitive camping on the grounds but not sure about showers. Has anyone ever gone to this and anyone interested in going? There are a lot of Wheel Horse Collector Club members in that area. Here's the link:

http://www.steamoramapa.com/

stevasaurus

don't forget the guys who live to far to drive to the show. :scratchead:

thanks

kj4kicks

See y'all there !!

Suburban 550

Has anyone from here ever attended? We plan on gettin' there late Friday and staying til Sunday providing it isn't a rainy weekend or something unexpected turns up. The reason I ask is we plan on doing primitive camping out of our hauler and just wonderin' if there are showers available or are there food vendors at the show? It would be nice if we had a good showing being Wheel Horse is the featured tractor. I hope to make it and see alot of you there. :scratchead:

SALTYWRIGHT

HI....I PLAN TO GO DOWN TO THE SHOW ON SATURDAY. I WILL BE COMMING DOWN FROM CT. I WILL BRING MY GT-1800 WHEEL HORSE. RUSS :scratchead:

clintonnut

Ray,

There are food venders there. No Showers. Not sure about hook ups. Thats something to call about.

Charlie

buckrancher

I plan to be there on saturday going to bring a tractor not sure

which one yet

Suburban 550

Thanks Charlie for the info. :scratchead: Hope everything goes according to plan and the weather is nice so we can make it.

Redbird

:scratchead: As for showers.............................

Primitave camping is just that LOL. Heat some water on you camp fire and take a sponge bath :hide: I use to camp for 4 days at a time almost every weekend at powwows. That's how we did it and we didn't stink HAHAHAHHA. Sorry, but, I just had to comment on that one.

We are planning on bringing 4 horses :ychain:

See you there. And yes, Ray, I'm planning on bringing the Surburan 551

clintonnut

Redbird, I'll bring the footrests for ya.

We'll bring the D-250 with maybe the snowcab, 652,1054, Suburban and RJ-58.

Buckrancher, I have several recoil starters that aren't correct but will work on your Clinton. They are clinton starters and not a fairbanks or schnacke.

Charlie

Redbird

Great Charlie--we'll se you there and yes.... I still have your number so I can find you. I know--over at the pulls! LOL

Suburban 550

Well guys, it looks like I'm not going to make it due to unforseen circumstances. :scratchead: Hope you all have a great time. :ychain: Was lookin' forward to seein' all of you again, well maybe next time. Don't forget to take alot of pictures and Redbird, don't forget you're camera and extra batteries. :hide:

Redbird

Hey Ray, I'm sorry you're not going to be able to make it :hide: I hope everything is ok there. We are bringing 2 Suburban 551's. Been working on the one I got from Les at the June show :ychain: Also bringing my C-160 to get around on. Not sure what David is bringing for a 2nd one. Going up Thurs and staying til Mon.

AND, yes, I am planning on bring plenty of extra batteries for the camera, and, the generator so I can recharge the Nicads :scratchead: We'll miss you.

Buzz

Darn Ray, that sucks. Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of our having fun. I'll be there Saturday, maybe longer.

Suburban 550

I know what you mean, Buzz. Hope you all have a safe trip and a great time. :scratchead: Redbird, don't forget :hide:

kj4kicks

Sorry we're gonna miss you and Mrs Ray :scratchead:

Seems like WEEKS since I've seen ya.

Be safe in whatever you have going on there.

Buzz

Well the weather looks like it's gonna suck on Saturday but I'll probably head up any way. Dad always said "that boy ain't got enough sense to come in out of the rain" and I like to prove him right once in a while. :scratchead: I'm bringing my canopy is anyone else bringing theirs? For that matter, is anyone else showing up?

jimt1971

Buzz,

I am still going hopefully I will remember my canopy. I wife can not make it this time.

Jim

kj4kicks

Looks like just AM showers Saturday, then a high of 75 degrees. Bad news is that the GT pulls start at 10 AM, unless they are rained out.

Not bringing the canopy, but I am bringing Ken :scratchead:

formariz

Looks like I will be attending on Saturday along with my son. Taking the 653 and a 4 wheel wagon for now.

nylyon

I hope the weather is better there than it is here. Enjoy the show!