horseman with no horse

1076 trans is weak

horseman with no horse
8 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Print this off so you can read it clearly.  I have one for every tractor I own. Makes looking for parts and THE CORRECT parts a lot easier when you have part numbers.  This will also show you how things are put together 

I know the 2046 is newer but will it drop in? Or do I need to retro fit? Only real difference is the tow valve location and manufacture date. 

horseman with no horse

Getting true baseline tomorrow with proper belt/clutch, and the fan squonk hooked me up with. 🤞

horseman with no horse

Alright I got the clutch welded, and put the tightest spring on it I could. I got the fan on but had to adjust the fins to get good airflow. I’m gonna head up to the shop tomorrow to get a better spring and get the seat pan welded so it stops running into my new fan. As for today, I count this as a win. The tractor moves much less sluggishly with the proper belt and clutch. I’m gonna let it warm up tomorrow and take it for a proper spin. Thanks for everyone’s help so far. I’ll keep you posted. 

Edited by horseman with no horse
  • Thanks 1

horseman with no horse

I just got off the horse. It’s pretty solid but reverse is still a little weak. I suspect my valve springs are wore, and since the tension clip is so messed up on the cam the plate won’t go up and down all the way which restricts its full potential. All of these aren’t a big issue. The new issue I noticed was my left hub was creaking and squeaking. I looked at it and it rocks back and forth slightly on the axle like the key is wore or something of that nature. It’s not nearly as sloppy as Alex’s hydro axle but it will get there if I don’t address it. What should I do?

rjg854

Take the hub off and examine the keyway on the hub and the axle.  If either is badly worn, you'll need to address that issue. That's your first step.

• Excellent 1

horseman with no horse
35 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Take the hub off and examine the keyway on the hub and the axle.

Do you have any tips on taking off the hub safely/correctly? I know it’s very easy to rip the axle right out the trans casing. Also how would it go back on? 

horseman with no horse

I’m currently waiting on my new head gasket to arrive so In the mean time I’m goin to see if I can build a similar tool to the pullers people built on other forum posts. I need either a used hub for the studs or some other flat metal disk that will hold my jack and studs. I’ll keep looking around and when I get the hub off I’ll post my findings 

daveoman1966

I made this from a used HUB...  I can send you a junk hub to make one for yourself...  $30 shipped. 

HUB PULL DAL (2).jpg

horseman with no horse
19 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

$30 shipped. 

HUB PULL DAL (2).jpg

I would have to save up some money to buy it, I would also need the hardware too. I’ll make a list of the hardware and see how much it costs and get back to you