JimmyJam

Speed Hitch

JimmyJam

So I have a 1968 Electro12. I would like to add a mower deck. Apparently I need a Speed Hitch #85211 (No Longer Available). 

I don't even know what that looks like.

Option #2: I have extra Attach-Amatic parts and mule drive. Question: Could I make that work??

• Like 2

gwest_ca

• Like 2

squonk

The mid Tach o Matic will work. You will need an adapter to use the mule drive set up. I did these to my 67 1267 and can run the newer deck and snow blower on it,

Skonk_upgrades_3_002.thumb.JPG.7b272695f

upgrades_005.thumb.JPG.1fddbf2b14a84894f

55a592d805020_skonk_hood__tail_002.thumb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

kpinnc
4 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

So I have a 1968 Electro12. I would like to add a mower deck.

If you add the belly hitch, front hitch adapter, and the "T" lift found on everything after the early seventies- you can carry just about any "newer" mower deck on that machine. 36 side or rear discharge, 42 side or rear discharge, and the 48. All will work.

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 2

squonk
5 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

If you add the belly hitch, front hitch adapter, and the "T" lift found on everything after the early seventies- you can carry just about any "newer" mower deck on that machine. 36 side or rear discharge, 42 side or rear discharge, and the 48. All will work.

My 67 did not have the holes in the frame for the "T" bar. What I did was drill one hole in the deck and connect a chain from the deck to the rock shaft

• Like 2

daveoman1966
6 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

So I have a 1968 Electro12. I would like to add a mower deck. Apparently I need a Speed Hitch #85211 (No Longer

I've made a free DOWNLOAD file named UPGRADE.pdf.  It'll show you what to do to 'upgrade' the Electro 12 to accept the 'Tach-o-Matic implements.... with ease.  This method eliminates the awkward SIDE belt drive... changing that to FRONT belt drive as is used from 1973 and newer model tractors.   With this, most ANY mower deck can be used.  This pic is a Raider 10 with the UPGRADE...from a few years ago. 

RAIDER 10 (1).jpg

MULE DRIVE UPGRADE.pdf

• Like 3
  • Heart 1