BPEisenhower

Bought a 312 Hydro.... Now what?

BPEisenhower

Hello all! Been busy this year but I'm still around. Like a dummy, I picked up a cheap 312 that hasn't ran in 3 years due to electrical problems. The plus side is I bought it with the books, bill of sale and from the original owner that put it in the corner of his shed saving it from being outside.The choke cable is stuck and throttle cable is so loose that it falls on it's own. After draining old fuel, changing oil, cleaning All the grounds, and putting safety switches in the correct places, I got it to wake up. So, a bath was next then a rub down with fluid film. Might as well see if it works. I mowed for 3 hours and no problem. However, how do I get the deck to raise higher? The rear gauge wheels drag the ground. It seems no point to even raise or lower it anyway. Tractor is way too small to fit me and told the other half that it's being sold since I do not want a roller skate. She informed me that she is little and she is going to keep it. Didn't know my tractor was her idea..... Fine! Since SHE is the proud owner that means only one thing, I can sell the other tractors I don't like and find a 520! 

IMG_20230831_063854.jpg

IMG_20230831_063903.jpg

IMG_20230902_082515.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Can't offer you any advise on yer 312 since I am a early model dude. Good to see you around tho. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

8ntruck

Good find.  As far as lifting the deck, check the lift link.  Some of them are a threaded rod with a trunion that can be adjusted up and down on the lift rod to adjust the lift height.  When the deck is in the up position, there are a couple of rubber bumpers that should contact the frame.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

On the deck there’s a bolt on either side of it, right behind where you hook up the deck to the tractor. It’s in a slot, I see yours in the bottom of the slot. Move it to the top and you should see the rear wheels come up. Sorry I don’t know how to circle the bolt in the picture, I’m not that tech savvy! 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
13 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Can't offer you any advise on yer 312 since I am a early model dude. Good to see you around tho. 

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

peter lena

@BPEisenhower easy to remove dash face , 4 Philips screws , that will give you a easy view  of what's going on , get your aerosol lubricant in the movement areas , make the rust run out , watch / look at intended function , firm up sloppy lift areas / added flat washers . get some help to operate lift , so you can watch what's going on. would also clean out / sharpen / lubricate deck, a higher setting will also assist in deck discharge , cut down on build up . Pete 

• Like 1

Brockport Bill

suggest you show photos of the mower deck lift carriage assembly -- between the deck and tractor ---- as well as other side of deck  ---- plus the attachomatic hook up from under tractor frame to mower deck -- would be easier for us folks to help

Brockport Bill

Hard to see in the photo -- but what pulley slot is the pto mule belt in? the outer or inner?

Brockport Bill

if you do not have a mower deck manual suggest you download one from here -- it gives all the proper adjustments and install of mower deck

Brockport Bill

if you actually want a "bigger" WH than the 312 -- then get a 520HC rather than a 520H --- the HC is actually wider and longer -- not much, but by couple inches

Brockport Bill
37 minutes ago, Brockport Bill said:

if you actually want a "bigger" WH than the 312 -- then get a 520HC rather than a 520H --- the HC is actually wider and longer -- not much, but by couple inches

here is photo of "bigger" 520HC --- only a couple inches --- but typically the HC's also have the slider seat to give operator more room to slide seat back -- of course you can put the seat sliders on other wh seats

wh 520HC side view with mower.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2