Skwerl58

Draw bar for my 1054

Skwerl58

Today I worked my 1054 for the first time to pull a trailer and the load was around 250 lbs. The trailer was at a steep angle because the lift has no down force so I now  need a draw bar and pin that will fit on my tractor. Does any one have suggestions of where I might get one, used is fine? This is the only picture of the loaded trailer. When unloaded it is still at an angle that is steep to be transporting "grandbabies" and other stuff.

20230901_133641.jpg

Edited by Skwerl58
added picture
  • Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Picture of issue would help...

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Call Lincoln at A-Z tractor or put an ad in our wanted section.  You may get lucky and find one close by.

• Like 3

953 nut

The trailer hitch from any Wheel Horse from 1963 to 2000 and beyond will fit your 1054, you will need the pin also.

IMG_0167.JPG

• Like 1

Handy Don
3 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

The trailer hitch from any Wheel Horse from 1963 to 2000 and beyond will fit your 1054, you will need the pin also.

This is true from a fit perspective, but know that there are two flavors of drawbar:

- one for tractors with 12” wheels where the end with the hole offsets upward, like this one (shown here paired with a slot hitch)

image.png.ce0c23edb2bf4fc0116c7799e45731f3.png

- and one for tractors with 15” wheels where the end with the hole offsets downward

The intent is that each leaves the end of the drawbar at the same height above the ground given the differing wheel sizes.

Remember that drawbars are terrific for pulling a hefty load but are not ideal for heavy tongue weights.

• Like 2

Skwerl58

I appreciate all the tips. Handy Don made me think and sometimes we need someone to joggle our memory. I had not thought of my other 15 inch wheel tractor, gt 14 and it has the draw bar on it. So I have one, will try to get it off next week and another step to making it complete and mine.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1