87 312-8

Hhookatrophy

87 312-8

looking for mule drive bearings for a 36 inch rear discharge deck 1986/87 312-8, thank you

WHX??

I have never replaced any but they are common order bearings. 

Guys will be along with the sizes. 

Brockport Bill
21 minutes ago, 87 312-8 said:

looking for mule drive bearings for a 36 inch rear discharge deck 1986/87 312-8, thank you

I get mule replacement pulleys from partstree.com

squonk

The older mule drive pulleys bearings are easily replaceable.  The V pulley is 1630-2RLD-C3. Flat pulley is 6203-12 2RS. Newer pulleys are welded together and it's easier to just buy new pulleys

• Like 1

peter lena

@87 312-8  6203 ( 3/4 ) 2RSC3 , https://pgnbearings.com/products/6203-2rs?variant=13312857800817&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl8anBhCFARIsAKbbpyRc_wVmt4wDPbmtdVaElqM3AiTSYrWdih6bLtDb , notice the wide rubber grease shields  ? easy to remove , small putty knife / small flat pocket screwdriver , be gentle  , do not tear / damage . wipe out original grease , spray clean / carb cleaner , refill, Lucas extra heavy duty grease / same amount , 550deg rated / polyurea / no noise or failure , easily worth the change . lay out your  dissembled  parts as they came off , reverse to build . also lubricate any and all related movable parts , ex , belt adjustment screw knob . those and related spindle bearings fail , from bearing stress heat , the Lucas will make them smooth / quiet / solid , also re grease the inner PTO , needle bearing , wipe out and very lightly re grease , minimize grease sling . you do not have to do this , but you are right there , eliminate a noise issue , pete  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Joel
      By Joel
      My dad gave me his c105 with a plow attachment. I have taken the mule gear off to replace the belt, check bearings, and replace fasteners. Although now I cant seem to get the darn thing back on. I know I should've taken pictures b4 tearing into it. I guess I got too excited. If someone could send a pic of how theirs is mounted thatd be great! 
    • Rock farmer
      By Rock farmer
      Are the bearings replaceble  by themselves?
      or do I need to replace the pulley?
       The inner vee pulley has a destroyed bearing.
      can I use a puller to remove the outer idler pulley?
      or will I destroy that one trying to get it off?
      they seem to be pressed on.
      are replacements available?

thanks!

joe

I'm talking about a 1990 312-8 with a 42” deck.
    • Danny856
      By Danny856
      Hey guys, I'm sure the answer is somewhere on this site but for the life of me I can't find it. I have an '89 Wheel Horse 310-8 (210K806) and my mowing deck is 0542MR04. I need the belt that connects the two. The one that goes from the engine/mule drive (?) down to the deck. It kept poppin off. I thought I finally had it set right but then it came off again and I ran over it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Dan. 
    • IthacaJeff
      By IthacaJeff
      Hi folks,
      Before I go about destroying things, how is the pulley on my mule drive removed. The bearings fried the other day on the outer pulley. There are no snap rings, so I assume it is a press fit. But before I pull out the wheel puller, is there any trick to this?
      Thanks, all.
    • rogden
      By rogden
      Hey everyone I am new to Red Square, I just got a new to me, c160. I believe its a 1977, it came with a  rear discharge three blade 42 inch mowing deck. Listening to the 16hp kohler, idle sealed the deal for me, you just gotta love that sound!

It had a brand new huffy blue belt on the pto running to the deck when i bought it. To make a long story short, it spewed white smoke under any load and burned up the belt in about 30 minutes. I did some research and determined the belt must have been to loose, so I cleaned up the tractor, went and got another huffy blue belt 96 x 1/2 installed it...tightened that mutha up and cut some grass.  I have about 2 acres and the grass was tall but about a third way thru I noticed the belt flopping around like it was loose. Sure enough it was, I tightened it again...and again...and again. By the time I was done cutting the grass the belt looked like it had been on there 10 years and i was almost out of adjustment on the mule drive. The belt was thinner and badly frayed.

Now when the first belt failed i took the deck off checked out the spindles, they were not loose no rough spots and i greased them. I also checked the mule pulleys, I didn't see any way to grease them but they spun nice. I pulled the pto hub off checked both bearings and greased them with lithium grease. Everything looked good!

After the second belt was shot I decided to try and diagnose the problem. I can spin everything with my hand, with the belt on, it feels ok. But what i noticed was the pto belt as it comes off the engine side pulley of the pto hub the side of the belt rubs the side of the pulley on the pto. It rubs on the tall side or  the friction pad / clutch side. I stood up and looked down and saw the belt was running on a angle inwards towards the motor as it goes down the the v pulley which is closest to the motor on the mule drive.

So I think this is the problem, it makes sense to me anyway that rubbing on the side of that belt would cause heat and would fray the belt, which is what I have. I just don't know how to adjust the mule to align the pulleys. Maybe its not the mule and the motor slide on the  on the mounts causing the mis-alignment.

Any help would be much appreciated folks!
      Best Regards,
      Rick