"Manic-Mechanic"

M12 New Carburetor Test Run

"Manic-Mechanic"

Purchased a ISaveTractor's Carb for K series 241a, ended up installing on M12 (as the linkage is included for either)

• Like 2

peter lena

@Manicmacanic always looking for an improvement , BTW have an added ground on that  rectifier ? from the battery ground bolt ? also have carb from I SAVE TRACTORS , NEVER TOUCHED ITS ADJUSTMENT , been bombproof , pete

ebinmaine
58 minutes ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

ISaveTractor's Carb

I've only had one here. 

Looked good. Ran fine. 

I removed it to do some other work and discovered that the top pivot was excessively worn after a short time.  

Keep an eye on that.  

• Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I've only had one here. 

Looked good. Ran fine. 

I removed it to do some other work and discovered that the top pivot was excessively worn after a short time.  

Keep an eye on that.  

I'll more than likely rebuild my factory carb, but yes, will do thank's

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Manicmacanic always looking for an improvement , BTW have an added ground on that  rectifier ? from the battery ground bolt ? also have carb from I SAVE TRACTORS , NEVER TOUCHED ITS ADJUSTMENT , been bombproof , pete

Funny you just mentioned the ground my rectifier does drop off every now and then. I usually have to wiggle the harness around behind the ignition. I replaced all that circuit, was a nightmare from prior owner! Have to run that ground next thing! Thanks'

• Like 1

peter lena

@Manicmacanic   yes that insured grounding , from the battery ground bolt , really wakes up that amp gauge , came to that with typical erratic amperage readings . you can try it first with an alligator clip connection , made up a couple of heavier eye bolt to wire end connection  , did it on test tractor , then ran it on my other 2 horses . thats how I do all of my experiments , tractors are all set up the same , so if  improve an area , its east to duplicate to the others. did a similar experiment on mower deck bearings , basically lubrication failure . opened up every related bearing , re pack with a 550  degree   polyurea grease  , no whyining noise , smooth / quiet . did the same to the other 2 horses. pete