Jayoutdoors

b60 putting in Tornado work

Jayoutdoors

We got hit by a tornado on Thursday here in Grand Rapids, MI.  I had a lot of cleanup to do a tree and lots of limbs no major damage..   got the b60 out to tow firewood and pull some logs around.  here are some pics of Friday..   today I went to fix the choke cable and found the grommet all dry-rotted on the bottom of the tank and the cable was not fixable.  what a Bummer waiting on parts now!

20230825_135235.jpg

20230826_200516.jpg

20230826_210249.jpg

20230826_210245.jpg

20230826_202441.jpg

20230825_084535.jpg

20230825_083758.jpg

20230825_104848.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Pullstart

Hope everyone nearby was ok!  We just saw an intense light show, no wind to speak of.

• Like 1

Jayoutdoors
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Hope everyone nearby was ok!  We just saw an intense light show, no wind to speak of.

In our area up here on the north end of grand rapids I haven't heard of any injuries. some major damage up alpine though!

• Sad 1

Retired Wrencher

Jay hope all is well. Looks the B60 did well. If you are handy those are easy fixies on carb and tank parts. Try and find good fuel line = not soft black rubber.It is getting hard to find good line today at the auto part stores because of EFI. Good line I found at Napa is about $8 a foot.

Edited by Retired Wrencher

ebinmaine

Good to see you're ok. 

That carb is special to 16 HP and some 14. 

You'll need a rebuild kit. Easy to do. 

Check the top pivot at the throttle shaft for looseness. That can be repaired. 

IMHO you're FAR better off rebuilding the OE type than considering an aftermarket one. 

If you can wait a couple weeks to get it done, send it here. I rebuild them. 

It's great to see someone putting one of these old beasts to work like we do here. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

8ntruck

My wife had an appointment at the UM West medical center Friday.  We came in from the north on 131.  Was a pretty big mess there.  Grand Rapids traffic with dead traffic signals - fun.

When that storm went over us, we had spooky green sky and rain.  Nothing serious, though.  On that storm track, we were roughly upstream from what hit Lansing.

Glad to hear that you are OK.

• Heart 1

Jayoutdoors
On 8/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, 8ntruck said:

My wife had an appointment at the UM West medical center Friday.  We came in from the north on 131.  Was a pretty big mess there.  Grand Rapids traffic with dead traffic signals - fun.

When that storm went over us, we had spooky green sky and rain.  Nothing serious, though.  On that storm track, we were roughly upstream from what hit Lansing.

Glad to hear that you are OK.

glad you all missed the dangerous part.  I was on my way home from ohio when it hit. wife was here though.

peter lena

@Jayoutdoors  use some  SUPER LUBE  or dielectric silicone grease  on that tank grommet , makes for a much easier  slide in fit , and grommet will sit in place easier . that liquid super lube , is also great on cables , makes them work much easier . pete