muz123

Kwik-Way Loader removal!

muz123

Just picked up this 520-H with the kwik-way. Need to get the loader off to get easier access to the engine for a valve job. What's the best method of removal? It did not come with the stilts to hold it up.Thanks

IMG_7195.jpg.b1d7208474fc922d3835c8b8c28cc068.jpg

• Like 1

pfrederi

Mine is an Arc loader but has similar round tubes for stilts.  I made mine 2x4 and steel rod.  Long enough to hold the loader frame high enough to back D200 out. Put the things in angled to the rear.  stand on tractor lift up till the legs are straight down.  The ARC loader has a nice cross brace between the towers to lift on.

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

lynnmor

You really should make some stilts, the owners manual shows how they are used.  I made mine from strut channel, round bar stock and flat plate.  Make it just high enough for the front tires to clear.  I use a hairpin clip to retain the bar in the holes provided on the loader.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Do you have a chain fall, come along or engine hoist?  I’d use one of those if possible.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

• Like 2

RJ Hamner

I might be wrong but I thought I downloaded the owners manual from the Attachments page.

Step by step instructions w/ drawings.

If you need pictures/measurements of the stands let me know and I'll go out to the barn.

Nice find                                                  

JoeM

Someone sent me these measurements for stands if you want to do your own.

image.png.2e810faff9386cb5dfab2c09ad68070f.png

• Excellent 1

953 nut

When I removed the FEL from my GT-14 I jacked the tractor up about four inches and used ratchet straps hanging from the roof trusses to support the rear towers. Then I unhooked the struts going to the front sub-frame and lowered the GT-14 down to the floor. Then I disconnected the hoses from the pump and slowly backed out from under it.

• Like 1