Micheal Cavallaro

where do i find. a dip stick for my 1967 1057 6 speed

Micheal Cavallaro

i got my 1057 from a family friend and the motor had low compression. so, we swapped the motor and we checked the trany/rearend. and it was brown we checked the fluid with 3 zipties and it was brown  it looked like it had watter in it so we put some 85w20 i believe and there was a cut off dip stick looked like if was off a  8 horse but i did not know the level at the time so i put about half of a quart  and just put the half cut dip stick in so does anyone know were i can find one of the correct length ?

JimSraj

sounds like you have water in the tranny. Better drain it. Jack up the front end as much as you can so that what’s in there drains over the hump in the tranny case. Flush the tranny by filling with kerosene once it’s back on the level. Then jack up the rear to get the tires off the ground and run it through all the gears in both ranges for several minutes each gear. Let it down and raise the front again and drain the kerosene out. If it’s still brown do it again. Repeat until clean then fill with good quality gear oil. 

• Like 1

kpinnc
21 minutes ago, JimSraj said:

Repeat until clean then fill with good quality gear oil. 

One more obvious point: don't drive the tractor when tranny is full of kerosene. Run through the gears with the wheels off the ground. Just too much pressure on the needle bearings with 100% kerosene. 

• Like 1

JimSraj

There is a guy in Malvern, PA that has a lot of Wheel Horse transmissions and other parts as well. I can’t say if he’ll have what you are looking for or if he’ll ship it but his number is 610-246-2952. His name may be Anthony but I’m not certain.