eddiebunyan

Wheel weights

eddiebunyan

Did wheel horse ever have an official wheel weight other then the cement filled plastic ones?  Steel ones.Or did several companies make weights for a variety of brands like some of the implements. 

ebinmaine

I believe the older steel wheel weights were a little different shape for a Wheel Horse. 

@Rob J. Don't you have some?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, eddiebunyan said:

wheel horse ...... wheel weight

You have some you're questioning the source of? 

rjg854
12 minutes ago, eddiebunyan said:

Did wheel horse ever have an official wheel weight other then the cement filled plastic ones?  

Here's is what a  :wh: rear weight looks like 1043903462_PXL_20211221_1833125592.jpg.2b967378f23ff7bacc7bd896e33eec5e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

squonk
18 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Here's is what a  :wh: rear weight looks like 1043903462_PXL_20211221_1833125592.jpg.2b967378f23ff7bacc7bd896e33eec5e.jpg

Those weights were not made specifically for Wheel Horse. I got a set (white) that came on a Cub Cadet that was still owned by the original owner and came right from the dealer with them on. I have also seen them on AMF tractors. They are most prevalent on Wheel Horses. No idea of the company that actually made them.

I also had a set at one time I bought from an old IH dealer that had sat on his shelf since the 60's still in their boxes. They were solid except for a small center hole and the 5 lugs. They weighed 70 lbs.a piece. the writing was worn off the boxes so the actual Co. name was gone. 

Engineered Productsv (Economy /Power King) had weights made and actually put a stamping on them to identify where they originally came from. Most of their tractors you see today have IH weights on them like mine. Ones with the stamping go for big money.

Pretty sure the cement weights were/are made by one or 2 companies and the tractor makers just put their sticker on .

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

JoeM

I have seen steel ones with "Bolens" cast in to them. 

and I think International Harvester had some too. 

image.png.8840102e8ad570e2c4d757fc8880903a.pngimage.png.d08a1356d86794f193a2040fe8b55f32.png

• Like 1

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, Joey Small Block said:

I have seen steel ones with "Bolens" cast in to them. 

and I think International Harvester had some too. 

We have a couple pairs of the Bolens weights here. Good n heavy.  

squonk

I had a set of those nice heavy Bolens weights. Could hardly give them away at the flea market at our steam show. The 25 lb. IH weights fly off the shelves.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, squonk said:

I had a set of those nice heavy Bolens weights. Could hardly give them away at the flea market at our steam show. The 25 lb. IH weights fly off the shelves.

That's interesting.  

I got a set in Southwestern New Hampshire for reasonable money. 

Up here most any weight cast iron is $2/lb minimum.  

Mike in NC

I have been told these are Wheel Horse wheel weights.

2014-08-18_12-00-28_167.jpg

squonk
9 hours ago, Mike in NC said:

I have been told these are Wheel Horse wheel weights.

2014-08-18_12-00-28_167.jpg

Yes for RJ's and Suburbans. Inside weights

• Like 1

John2189

Is this a homemade one on my 656 ?  It just has one one the left side. It has two bolts welded to it to bolt it to the wheel. I suppose it is to counter balance the sickle mower D8AE4DBB-B2F2-4024-9FCE-BD1B4C4D54AE.jpeg.8ecbb360d892d58f5a2aa70703349080.jpeg

squonk
4 hours ago, John2189 said:

Is this a homemade one on my 656 ?  It just has one one the left side. It has two bolts welded to it to bolt it to the wheel. I suppose it is to counter balance the sickle mower D8AE4DBB-B2F2-4024-9FCE-BD1B4C4D54AE.jpeg.8ecbb360d892d58f5a2aa70703349080.jpeg

Looks similar to an old Simplicity walk behind tractor weight.