gilstr

Pain in the deck

gilstr

Why is it next to impossible to change deck height on these. Right now I'm slowly remembering what a pain wheel horse mower decks are in some ways. I had a Raider before with 36 rear discharge but swore it was no problem changing the deck height.  Nothing seems outta place or bent. But getting the handle to unlatch to move wheels up or down is almost impossible. Sometimes I can't keep up with my grass so mowing a little higher helps but anytime I need to I'll have to unhook level rod put wheels where I want and relevel again. Or is that just how it is supposed to work ?

Screenshot_20230812_143649_Gallery.jpg

Ed Kennell

Me thinks you lost the deck lift when the big Harbor Freight twin was stuffed under the hood.

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I bet you need only to reset the HDIGHT ADJUST QUADRANT. They get bent or work loose over the years.  You'll probably have to remove the deck to do this.  Follow what is in this pic...  should solve the problem.  If the QUADRANT is bent, you'll have to remove it and hammer back into shape. 

48Q (4).JPG

48Q (15).JPG

quadrant (4).JPG

quadrant (1).JPG

quadrant (2).JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

gilstr

I will check that out tomorrow.  That Predator is a beast. Mowed some tall damp stuff didn't phase it a bit lol

Edited by gilstr

JCM

Do you have the deck in the full lift position when trying to release the height adjustment lever ?  I find on most of mine that works much easier than trying to release the lever when the deck is in the down position whether it is hydro or manual lift. Just a thought.

• Like 3

TonyToro Jr.
7 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Me thinks you lost the deck lift when the big Harbor Freight twin was stuffed under the hood.

:text-yeahthat:

gilstr

Jcm it doesn't matter. It hard to move either way. You guys not liking the Predator lol

Ed Kennell
23 minutes ago, gilstr said:

. You guys not liking the Predator lol

No problem with the HF transplant...they have a pretty good reputation.

I also thought you were trying to adjust the height wheels with the weight of the deck on them.  I am not familiar with the C-175  lift system.

If the deck is raised in the transport position and the deck wheels are off the ground, then follow Daves advice and repair the  height adjusting system.  

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

gilstr

Doing that tonight 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Missed it was a hydro

Edited by pfrederi

gilstr

So I figured out that was in wrong hole. That's how it was when I bought it.  So now it's right 

20230818_174659.jpg

Edited by gilstr
  • Like 1