Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

c 160 auto

can whlvr

I am looking into buying another horse,a c160 auto,1975,could somebody tell me if you can run more than the lift cylinder,ie a cylinder on the front for a tilt on a homemade jonny bucket that i just built,i used a winch to raise and lower but would like a tilt option on the front and maybe a cylinder on the back to raise and lower my rear impliments,thanks any input would be handy because i dont think i will buy it if i cant use the hydrolics for more than 1 thing

kpinnc

You can use more than 1 cylinder- depending on the size of the cylinder.

My Bronco uses 2 cylinders with no problems. Just be sure to use the correct valve setup. I'd stay away from splitting the flow with some type of adapter or something.

The rear cylinder on the Bronco is from a D-series machine, as is the dual spool valve. I don't think I'd go any larger than the D cylinder, or else it will move too slowly for it to be of much use. The charge pumps used by WH were low pressure, low volume systems. They do not perform anywhere close to a high volume/ pressure system like a aftermarket FEL, etc...

Good luck, and post plenty of pics!

Kevin

can whlvr

Thanks kpinnc,i dont own any hydros,just 3 8 speeds,so i am not very knowageable about the hydros,i am hopeful about this c160,comes with a 40 snowblower which up here in ontario would be handy,but the ability to put a cylinder on the front and rear would be great,i dont need speed ,just down and up pressure thanks again.