WH_cyber_nerd

Exhaust Replacement on 414-8

WH_cyber_nerd

I was mowing yesterday and my muffler popped off. Was wondering if anyone knows what I can replace it with, and if I should bother replacing the flange piece attached to the engine (not sure of the terminology). Thanks!

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

CCW

Here's thread on a muffler I just replaced.  Found in at the amazonian website though @ebinmaine Gravely option mentioned in the thread sounds better.  When I did my search to find the muffler I searched on Kohler mufflers.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, g00chl0rd said:

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

If you can avoid detaching that flange from the engine it might save you some hassle. 

I'd likely try using the existing pipe stub as the inlet pipe for the replacement muffler if possible.  

CCW
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

If you can avoid detaching that flange from the engine it might save you some hassle. 

I'd likely try using the existing pipe stub as the inlet pipe for the replacement muffler if possible.  

This is what I did and made the install much easier.

• Like 1

WH_cyber_nerd
20 hours ago, CCW said:

Here's thread on a muffler I just replaced.  Found in at the amazonian website though @ebinmaine Gravely option mentioned in the thread sounds better.  When I did my search to find the muffler I searched on Kohler mufflers.

Thanks for linking that thread, I ended up getting the same one as you. Mostly because shipping options are quick and I have to mow haha. The gravely one does look like it might’ve fit nicer, though. We will see how it fits, I’ll put up some photos.

WH_cyber_nerd
18 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Alright I will give it a try. Getting the new muffler today. My only concern is that the existing pipe is rusty and could break when i put a muffler clamp on it. I’ll update with results

• Like 1

WH_cyber_nerd

If anyone is curious here was the result. Maybe an unusual way for it to sit but best I could do using the existing exhaust pipe.

IMG_3481.jpeg

• Like 1