<3MyWheelHorse

Wheel horse issues ( Help Please )

<3MyWheelHorse

Hello everyone new here, have a Wheel horse 314-8H with a Kolher 14hp M, been having issues with the mower when I got the grass I can use the mower for 20-30 minutes before it stalls, and doesn’t start for a while after it stalls can’t figure out issue

whats has been done recently

new battery, new spark plug, new carburetor, new ignition coil 

thanks for the help in advance!! 

• Like 2

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  when it dies and won’t restart, it could indicate a lack of fuel or a lack of spark.  Try cracking the fuel cap loose and see if it’ll start again.  If not, check for spark.  You can also try removing the condenser from the ignition system and see if it changes anything.  It needs to be there to run proper, but if it goes bad it doesn’t allow spark.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

<3MyWheelHorse
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:  when it dies and won’t restart, it could indicate a lack of fuel or a lack of spark.  Try cracking the fuel cap loose and see if it’ll start again.  If not, check for spark.  You can also try removing the condenser from the ignition system and see if it changes anything.  It needs to be there to run proper, but if it goes bad it doesn’t allow spark.

I replaced the ignition module a week ago when I remove the spark plug and place it on the motor I have spark 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Oh right, you mentioned 14M (Magnum).  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Check the fuel cap and report back your findings.  Sometimes also the fuel outlet at the tank gets clogged and cannot flow enough fuel through to keep the carb bowl full.

• Like 1

FrankFL

kohler 12HP engine parts

hotajax
On 7/20/2023 at 3:37 PM, Pullstart said:

This happened to me a few years ago.  It would start easy and run and then die out.   How I fixed it:

1. drain the fuel from the tank, and use some cheesecloth to filter the fuel draining from the tank.

2. Pull out the petcock in the bottom of the tank, and examine the filter screen that fits into the petcock. Mine was covered with old grass / leaves / everything you can think of.   Easy fix .  Just buy a new grommet and screen  for the bottom of the tank where the petcock goes. 

I'm curious if that is / was your problem.