Wild Bill in VA

I have been Blessed with Twins !

wallfish

Congratulations! And that tub cart looks to be in very nice condition.

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It

Yes Bill , congratulations !!!  That's a terrific pair of C-85's. 

I'll be looking for you two at the Big Show next year. I hope you won't mind if I take a closer look at the C-85's then ? They look to be very original. Also, that's a real nice tub cart to go along with the pair !!!

• Like 3

c-series don

I agree with everyone! What a great score! The cart looks new! Bill, you know that we are going to need more pictures of the tractors and the cart, right Bill?!! Also before someone else mentions it, those look a little too new for your liking. If you are uncomfortable about having tractors as new as the early eighties you can leave them right on the trailer and drop them off up here ole buddy! 😂 

Actually it would be really nice to see you and your son riding around on a pair of tractors at the show 👍🏻 
Then maybe we will switch it up and I will interview YOU during the parade! 

Edited by c-series don
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sparky

I have a soft spot for the 8HP machines…and I’m a huge fan of the Black-Hood series, so you can just imagine how jealous I am! 
  Nice find! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Wheel-N-It
Just now, Sparky said:

I have a soft spot for the 8HP machines…and I’m a huge fan of the Black-Hood series, so you can just imagine how jealous I am! 
  Nice find! :handgestures-thumbupright:

OK, so that's actually what I was trying to say, so DITTO, me too :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Them tubs been going for a princely sum around here lately. 

Hard to pass on the tractors too Bill... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

ineedanother
1 hour ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

Now wait a minute it ain't what ya' thinkin'!

We picked up a matching set of C-85 Black hood Wheel Horse's! They both have the old style plastic rear fenders and 8 speed UniDtives. Also received two 36-inch mower decks and a nice dump cart. I didn't even know if the C-85"s were running or not but when we got home I turned the key and 8 hp Kohler spun over, checked the fluids real quick and opened the gas valve and the C-85 started up!

Well I guess it's more project to work but now me and my boy can ride around on matching Wheel Horses at the Annual Wheel Horse Show.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

Very nice! I think one with a deck and cart would have been a great find in that condition :thumbs:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Love the Blackhoods! :ph34r:

:eusa-clap:

• Heart 1

Retired Wrencher

Bill that is just great. Having both tractors should be a blast for your son and you. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Wild Bill in VA  still have mine , bought it new in 82 ! swapped out that plastic rear fender  (   still have it )  for a metal one many years ago , thats still my favorite , of my 3 horsea . that dump cart is also killer , pete

• Like 2

Brockport Bill

great machines -- lucky you !!! I have the plastic seat pans on my two blackhood C175's -- i know some people prefer the tin pans but to me the plastic gives the unique characteristic look of the black hoods - plus i am fortunate no cracks in my pans !!!!!!

wh 1983  C175 Series 1.jpg

wh C175 Series 2 angle.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ML3

Nice score Bill! My C105 was my 1st Wheel Horse- $200 purchase & it was only 4miles away. It's my go to work horse for snow removal, dirt spreading, trailer moving, etc. 

IMG_20230326_122441195_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230120_153143385.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Brockport Bill
5 hours ago, ML3 said:

Nice score Bill! My C105 was my 1st Wheel Horse- $200 purchase & it was only 4miles away. It's my go to work horse for snow removal, dirt spreading, trailer moving, etc. 

IMG_20230326_122441195_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230120_153143385.jpg

my first horse was 312-8 bought new in 1989 --- its never lacked for power -- but seeing your 10 hp with blower as well as seeing 8hp elsewhere doing lots of work, i have always wondered how the 8s and 10s handle heavier workload like blower tiller etc?

ML3
2 hours ago, Brockport Bill said:

my first horse was 312-8 bought new in 1989 --- its never lacked for power -- but seeing your 10 hp with blower as well as seeing 8hp elsewhere doing lots of work, i have always wondered how the 8s and 10s handle heavier workload like blower tiller etc?

Last winter was mild for where I live. We are prone to "lake effect" snow squalls that can dump accumulating snow by the foot in a very short time. I have a 2stage walk behind Toro for those big snows. Overall the 10hp w/blower works pretty good. 1st or 2nd gear sending the power to blower allowing it to consume the snow & throw it effectively. My driveway is level & new cement so tire chains are out of question! I do run rear wheel weights & an additional 90lbs on rear hitch. With dozer blade it pushes snow pretty good- it's all technique. I really need to get a 2stage blower but that will also involve a higher HP tractor. A typical winter here a 2stage is a must have. 

Edited by ML3
  • Like 2

Brockport Bill

those lake effect storms are nasty -- 

5 hours ago, ML3 said:

Last winter was mild for where I live. We are prone to "lake effect" snow squalls that can dump accumulating snow by the foot in a very short time. I have a 2stage walk behind Toro for those big snows. Overall the 10hp w/blower works pretty good. 1st or 2nd gear sending the power to blower allowing it to consume the snow & throw it effectively. My driveway is level & new cement so tire chains are out of question! I do run rear wheel weights & an additional 90lbs on rear hitch. With dozer blade it pushes snow pretty good- it's all technique. I really need to get a 2stage blower but that will also involve a higher HP tractor. A typical winter here a 2stage is a must have. 

c-series don

Okay if we’re posting pictures of our black hoods I’m jumping on board! Here’s a couple of my C-165 Automatic. I have a C-161 Twin Automatic also but I don’t have any pictures of it yet, but I guess I should take some!

IMG_4633.jpeg

IMG_5203.jpeg

IMG_6799.jpeg

• Like 4

WHX??

I used to think black hoods were ungly... they grew on me...:lol:

Go to mower now. 

20191027_190514.jpg

20200523_161602.jpg

• Like 4