Sign in to follow this  
Gerry w

Adjustment of clutch for pto

Gerry w

Hi, how do you adjust/free up, the clutch on a D200 that doesn't seem to disengage? I've tried to lengthen and shorten the control bar with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim_M

Make sure the bearings aren't locked up. If you can see the plates seperate but the clutch still won't release you may have bad bearings.

Gerry w

Thanks Jim,

The plates won't seperate at all, any way to loosen them??

thank you for your reply

pfrederi

I believe the owners manual tells you to service the PTO every 100 hours. Probably a good time to do that. Most likely something has gotten stuck from some corrosion or lack of lube.

Gerry w

I believe the owners manual tells you to service the PTO every 100 hours. Probably a good time to do that. Most likely something has gotten stuck from some corrosion or lack of lube.

I just got it last week, no owners manual with it, did just take it apart, PB blasted it, what lube do you use??

All parts move good when belt/pulleys arn't attached, put them back on however....

thanks for the info and reply...

pfrederi

You have to remove the spiral lock rings (first ones I ever came across) to disassemble and there are two bearings inside (ball bearings if I recall) that need to be greased. PB Blaster doesn't make a good lubricant so I wouldn't try running it alot until you get it opened up cleaned and greased as one bearing costs $83 the other $50.

Gerry w

You have to remove the spiral lock rings (first ones I ever came across) to disassemble and there are two bearings inside (ball bearings if I recall) that need to be greased. PB Blaster doesn't make a good lubricant so I wouldn't try running it alot until you get it opened up cleaned and greased as one bearing costs $83 the other $50.

one bearing costs $83 the other $50...........Whoa! That's salty! Any grease, will axle grease work? I was wondering about graphite lube or something. Seems to move well now, just won't stop spinning, someone told me in a PM that I need to place a load on it to stop it??? that it will spin if nothing is hooked up. Have you found that to be true?

And thank you so much for the info, I'd hate to burn a bearing at that cost.

Thanks again,

Gerry

pfrederi

There is a brake pad mounted on the the bottom (similar to the C series PTO brake)

Probably need to be adjusted. Don't recall the spec off hand but they are close to teh C series.

I just used grease

Gerry w

Okay, thanks again, Im going to take it apart again tomorrow, got busy with firewood today <_<

Thanks again for all the info, any feelings toward an electric over a manual clutch?? I have one I could replace this one with if it's a good idea.

Thanks again,

Gerry :thumbs2:

Jim_M

If the manual clutch is working good I would leave it on. The electric clutch may not handle the load of running a 48" snowblower or tiller on a 20 horse twin Kohler.

Gerry w

Thanks again,

Now all I need to do is find that snow blower!

I'll list the electric clutch then, thanks for the info.

:thumbs2: