• Like 3

TonyToro Jr.
40 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

I'll be watching the progress.

:popcorn:

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

Pullstart

:woohoo: have fun and take pictures!  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

Take pictures so you know how it goes back together 

• Like 4

Thatoneguy
48 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Take pictures so you know how it goes back together 

Don luckily I have all the original paperwork that came with it for cheat sheets!  But I would never!!!! :techie-studyinggray:

Edited by mower
  • Like 3

Thatoneguy
2 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

:handgestures-fingerscrossed: Tony hopefully I can make some!!! 

• Like 1

Thatoneguy

I made a little progress tonight. Don’t mind the grinder it is just there for looks! 

EF6AF670-F5F2-4072-87F3-E5D8681B361D.jpeg

Edited by mower
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

Always good to see another Texan working on a horse.  Theirs lots of help here, so don't hesitate to ask for help on how to repair worn area or how to go about anything. 

@pacer over in Shreveport while not close, is probable the closest member to you. 

• Like 4

ebinmaine

I'm in!

6 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

lots of help here, so don't hesitate to ask for help on how to repair worn area or how to go about anything

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Just an FYI, I'm not a Tecky guy, but I've read the some of the ignition modules for those are becoming hard to find.  As you reassembly, rewire, and start it up, be really careful with 12v around those parts. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Tecky guys on here for guidance.

If your ignition modules don't work, their are some options to retrofit some different equipment.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Just an FYI, I'm not a Tecky guy, but I've read the some of the ignition modules for those are becoming hard to find.  As you reassembly, rewire, and start it up, be really careful with 12v around those parts. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Tecky guys on here for guidance.

If your ignition modules don't work, their are some options to retrofit some different equipment.

Good info there and good reminder.

@Ed Stoller isn't on Red Square much but he does have a great YouTube channel with some very valuable information.

• Like 3

peter lena

@mower  might try running a steel gas line inside the frame corner edge , would be easy to install and secure , extend it about 6" out of each end , put a cap on that to keep it clean , then as you build up , you can ad a clear vilyl fuel hose , fuel filter , to fuel tank or carb . see a number of areas to enhance , pete

• Like 3

Thatoneguy
36 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@mower  might try running a steel gas line inside the frame corner edge , would be easy to install and secure , extend it about 6" out of each end , put a cap on that to keep it clean , then as you build up , you can ad a clear vilyl fuel hose , fuel filter , to fuel tank or carb . see a number of areas to enhance , pete

Pete thank you that sounds like a good idea!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thatoneguy
4 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

If your ignition modules don't work, there are some options to retrofit some different equipment.

Oliver thank you! Luckily I have heard about this issue and had a chance to purchase one for a backup. If you know of any for sale let me know maybe one day I will need a backup backup!! 

• Like 2

Thatoneguy

The only thing I am really worried about is taking apart this hydrostatic mechanism that works the pump. It’s looking like a trigonometry course in there! 

9058BAB2-A761-4C6C-9AED-A7CAFB4563B6.jpeg

Edited by mower
  • Like 1

peter lena

@mower  looking at your side picture , electric motor pulley ? same side , next smaller pulley going foward?  that is a drive belt spring loaded  FLAT IDLER PULLEY , those pulleys are known to fail , would personally  get the same size / type at tractor supply , they have that pulley with a larger bearing , with removable rubber side caps , clean out original lubricant , flush with carb cleaner , repack with a HI TEMP GREASE , lucas heavy duty , replace shields . no more noise or early failure. get a short bronze bushing , 5/8 O/D X 3/8 ID press in  for a bolt on exact fit , no noise or failure , also lubricate all related linkages , areisol penetrating oil first , then lucas red spray grease after the rust runs out , works like butter , pete 

• Like 2

Thatoneguy
4 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@mower  looking at your side picture , electric motor pulley ? same side , next smaller pulley going foward?  that is a drive belt spring loaded  FLAT IDLER PULLEY , those pulleys are known to fail , would personally  get the same size / type at tractor supply , they have that pulley with a larger bearing , with removable rubber side caps , clean out original lubricant , flush with carb cleaner , repack with a HI TEMP GREASE , lucas heavy duty , replace shields . no more noise or early failure. get a short bronze bushing , 5/8 O/D X 3/8 ID press in  for a bolt on exact fit , no noise or failure , also lubricate all related linkages , areisol penetrating oil first , then lucas red spray grease after the rust runs out , works like butter , pete 

Pete are you talking about this pulley? 

pulley.jpg

• Like 1

peter lena

@mower  thats the one , realise that pulley under tension is electric motor driven , thats what more ofen than not causes noisy bearing failure . note the pale red bearing covers ?  on the pulley I suggested , the bearing would be larger , and have wider grease shields , easily removed for a re grease , the combination of a larger bearing , with a bronze 3/8 bushing  bolt hole ,would let you  hi temp grease that , and the larger bearing would also stand up better , done that on a number of similar issues , no failures , pete

• Like 2

Thatoneguy
10 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@mower  thats the one , realise that pulley under tension is electric motor driven , thats what more ofen than not causes noisy bearing failure . note the pale red bearing covers ?  on the pulley I suggested , the bearing would be larger , and have wider grease shields , easily removed for a re grease , the combination of a larger bearing , with a bronze 3/8 bushing  bolt hole ,would let you  hi temp grease that , and the larger bearing would also stand up better , done that on a number of similar issues , no failures , pete

I do not guess i understand where the electric motor comes in to play... are you talking about the hydraulic pump that is sitting behind it?

• Like 1

peter lena

@mower   just to cover my butt, if there was anything I said that did not make sense , its because I  was in a food coma !  wife brought back fresh lobsters and fresh corn , so  WE WERE INHALING SO MUCH FOOD ,  maybe anything I said  was covered in melted butter , best I  could do , how about apple crisp for desert  !   stay in touch , pete 

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
57 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@mower   just to cover my butt, if there was anything I said that did not make sense , its because I  was in a food coma !  wife brought back fresh lobsters and fresh corn , so  WE WERE INHALING SO MUCH FOOD ,  maybe anything I said  was covered in melted butter , best I  could do , how about apple crisp for desert  !   stay in touch , pete 

I'm willing to let the discrepancies slide based on the evidence given.  🦞

😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thatoneguy
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm willing to let the discrepancies slide based on the evidence given.  🦞

😃

I will second this motion! :beer:

• Like 3

Lee1977

That C-120 is a 1974 model, It may have been bought new in 1976.. Check the model number 1-0495 the only year they built a C-120 auto with a Tecumseh engine.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Thatoneguy
1 hour ago, Lee1977 said:

That C-120 is a 1974 model, It may have been bought new in 1976.. Check the model number 1-0495 the only year they built a C-120 auto with a Tecumseh engine.

I believe that is what I have!  I guess I was just stuck on 1976.  Thank you Lee! 

17657241-D46A-413D-9697-241C8274D0A4.jpeg

• Like 1