RoubaixRider

Implement restoration time

RoubaixRider

Well, back from work with the fires up in Canada, so I am getting started with some little restoration work on some of my implements… when I purchased the tractor about eight years ago or so… Maybe 12 years ago, it had a mower deck that went with it that sat in the shed and I’m finally getting it all apart and getting rid of the rust and prepping it for a nice coat of paint. All of the bearings on the blades turn beautifully once I remove the belt and so forth. The wire wheel took off the surface patina and has exposed the paint underneath, which is still clinging well to the metal, but it will need fresh coat of paint. Wire wheel and wet sanding really smoothed it out nice. I’ve always wanted to get this mower going! I custom built this box scraper when I first got the tractor, and it works amazing… but it too had a real faded paint from sitting outside all the time for the last six years.
Jason

IMG_4918.jpeg

IMG_4892.jpeg

IMG_4919.jpeg

Edited by RoubaixRider
Added image and text
  • Like 4

peter lena

@RoubaixRider  noting your deck ideas , thought I would include a similar stage , opportunity , those pry bars make a pulley removal much easier . no pulley damage at all , do that on the way into  a spindle bearing repack , clean out and repack with lucas greeen extra heavy duty chassis grease . extreme pressure and temp rated , no bearing noise , also do the mule drive bearings at the same time , imagine , no bearing whyine , or noise .also maintain a lubrication soak under my decks , zer rust / rot , pete

• Like 1

RoubaixRider

Thanks foe the tips Peter…will give that a go tomorrow…I have a few of those bars. Need to replace the Idler pulley. Shouldn’t be too hard to find. The patina rust removal today was a long affair! Metal looks great though.

J

ebinmaine
14 hours ago, RoubaixRider said:

custom built this box scraper

Niiiiice 

peter lena

@RoubaixRider idler pulleys area common noisy failure , you might go to  T/S for a duplicate size/ type , with a bigger bearing and wide grease shields , pop off the shields carefully , wipe out grease , refill with a hi temp lucas grease , reinstall seals . get a bronze bushing to push into the larger bearing , for a 3/8 " bolt mount point . makes a ver solid / quiet quiet . same basics of that idea , applies to entire , bearing related issues on deck / drive set up . like muel drive bearings , pto drive , needle bearing . those bars rocking on the deck mount bolts , under the pulleys , penetrating oil , easily lifts off that pulley . stay greasy , pete

• Like 2