Mike'sHorseBarn

Lawn Ranger Battery Relocation

Mike'sHorseBarn

So I bought a lawn ranger at the big show that was already converted to an 8hp kohler, big reason why I bought it. Just want to see if I can relocate the battery somewhere so I don't have to buy million dollar motorcycle batteries. I know other tractors you can put the battery under the seat, but I don't think there's room on this. Thoughts?

20230627_151029.jpg.1dcc532b596858e30e9d9f1ec7412e1b.jpg

received_251505617501780.jpeg.3a1f57d48d23f6017482d994341db4c1.jpeg

• Like 2

Jon Paulsen

Nice looking wheelpony!

I would get an ammo can, paint wheelhorse red and attach the battery being the seat. But that's just me :lol: You might be able to find an actual surplus box that is a better fit than the HF fakes. Army surplus or fleabay. The real ones are also a much thicker material. I think you would want it well vented. Add drain holes, maybe a barbed fitting for a hose so it can't drain on the pony if the battery starts marking it's place. 

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Front or back on top a winch plate... maybe have @Wheel Horse 3D make up a fake tombstone weight to cover it...

• Excellent 1

ri702bill

Different approach - looks like, with a bit of works, the welded battery box could be freed up and relocated aft a tad / rewelded  to clear the starter and use a standerd U1 battery...... win / win... almost looks original that way....

OOPs - lower steering is in the way...

Bill

Edited by ri702bill

ri702bill

OK - round two... Can you relocate the U1 battery on the left frame rail the long way?? Tucked in after the bump out on the engine housing, next to the steering and just over the lower steering block tab?? Give a tape measure look-see! Would require a custom built battery tray & clamp....

Edited by ri702bill

Wheel Horse 3D

Large recycled  capacitors rather than a regular battery?