SaintJay

K341s engine swap

SaintJay

Hi guys,

I am swapping a K341s into my GT1142 (blew up the B&S 11 hp) and I was hoping you all could help with a few questions I have, so far.

Key size or part number for the drive pulley/output shaft keyway?

Simple wiring diagram to get it running?

I don't need to connect all the safety switches, I just want to turn the key and start it.  This is my first engine swap so I'm a little out of my depth.

Thanks for any help,

John2189

Safety switches are there for a reason, I would be sure they worked 

• Like 1

ineedanother
2 hours ago, SaintJay said:

I don't need to connect all the safety switches, I just want to turn the key and start it. 

I get it. Just to run during the swap. Will this work? Not sure which k341 you have...

image.png.fcfe522ed8b4debd9d459d88a24b92a9.png

• Like 1

kpinnc

K341 would be coil ignition. The Briggs you're replacing was magneto ignition. Everything electrical from the key switch to the engine has to be different. It's not much, but the two work very differently. 

• Like 2

SaintJay

Yes, the B&S had magneto ignition and the K341s has a coil.  I am trying to follow the wiring on my C165 as a guide.  The problem I am having is that my C165 hasn't been charging the battery.  I believe that the rectifier was removed prior to me getting it.  I just ordered 2 of them and a new ignition switch for the GT1142.  Ineedanother thanks for the diagram.  I think that will put me on the right track.

How about the key for the output shaft/drive pulley keyway?  Anybody know a size or part number?

Thanks for the help,

squonk

Pretty sure the key is1/4" square stock. You can by a stick at Napa or Tractor Supply and cut it to the length you want.