Wild Bill in VA

Phil Bowling Memorial

wallfish

It was truly a heart tugging moment but an awesome memorial to have that honor done for your friend Phil.

And don't worry about the pics Bill as the RS members have you covered. @Pullstart Kevin got a great video of it and you can see it already posted in this thread on Phil Bowling

Edited by wallfish
  • Heart 5

Wheel-N-It

Bill, I could tell your emotions were welling up inside of you, but you were strong and held it together very well. 

What an honor it was to give your friend a send off like you did. I did not know the man personally, but was in reverence to be there for his memorial service.

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

• Heart 5

Wild Bill in VA
3 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Bill, I could tell your emotions were welling up inside of you, but you were strong and held it together very well. 

What an honor it was to give your friend a send off like you did. I did not know the man personally, but was in reverence to be there for his memorial service.

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

Van, Thank You for the kind words. Phil only had his mother left for family, but she has really bad dementia and is in medical care. Phil was big part of his community, and this was shown by the all the people who traveled from Virginia to Pennsylvania to be at his memorial during the Wheel Horse Show which was his favorite show. His circle of friends in the mechanical world were every where.. 

Now I don't believe in ghosts, UFO's or the Loch Ness Monster but there was a sign that he was there and was happy.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

Now I don't believe in ghosts, UFO's or the Loch Ness Monster but there was a sign that he was there and was happy.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

Scott is pretty sure he was there as well.  He told me he didn’t care about winning the RJ but really liked that cutaway transmission.  He was the first name drawn at the raffle and quickly grabbed that cutaway!  Maybe Phil had a part in that :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Wild Bill in VA

A few pictures from my phone 

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

KIMG2397.JPG

KIMG2398.JPG

KIMG2402.JPG

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

stevebo

Bill,

Well done honoring your friend. I got a call from Phil (via pm on RedSquare) and he was asking about coming to my meet and greet. Remember I am in CT and he is in VA. I could not believe that he actually made the trip up. It is a one day deal and he was such a great guy and filled with knowledge. I knew him from the show and also from the Wednesday night get together a in the past. He will be missed. 

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1