ANTPER

A BIG Show Question

ANTPER

Hello

I'm going to be attending the big show first time and gonna be traveling approximately 4.5 hours to get there. I'm hearing 50 percent chance of rain on both days. Does rain hamper this event at all. All goes on as it should? Still a great time I'm sure. Are there are eats on site? Any high light activities to look out for? Just asking based on the distance I'm traveling to get there. What's the furthest anyone has driven? Best hotel experience?

Anthony

Edited by ANTPER
  • Like 2

c-series don

There’s food onsite and plenty of buildings to get out of rain. The rain may put a damper on the parade attendance but as long as @Wild Bill in VA has a tent to stand in I believe it will happen. Get ready to meet some nice like minded people. To me that’s probably the best part!! 

• Like 3
  • Heart 3

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

I still plan on having fun -- rain or shine.

Rain will hamper it some as the trailer queen guys don't like morning dew on their expensive restorations let alone rain. They put a lot of time and effort to those tractors. It's an outdoor event so it's better attendance with nice weather but we can all get cozy under the roofs of the vendor barns during rain.

Now, camping in a tent during rain, that's a different story. They might need 3 or 4 hampers for the wet clothes. But those are still the fun stories told years later.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Jrblanke

The rain hampers it a little bit. Im planning on bringing a couple pairs of shoes. I hate wet socks. Im planning on having a blast rain or shine! I love seeing my buddies again! There are more tractors than people! It will be worth your drive.

And look, lets just address the food situation there. If you do not bring any food, you will be fine. Those church ladies in the concession stand got you covered. I'm sure there will be plenty of pie to go around! Just bring a little extra cash. 

James

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Horse Newbie

I went last year for my first time and had a ball !

You will meet many people from Redsquare there. Make sure you meet Hooooowaaaard ! Make sure you meet Pullstart. Make sure you meet Wild Bill.

There are plenty of people who will come up, maybe sit a spell and chew the fat with you.

Quite a few recognized me from being on here, and some recognized me by my small collection (2) of Wheel Horses. I have acquired a C-160 since.

They introduced themselves and a pleasant, fun time was stored in my memory bank.

I was impressed to say the least, by the warm, welcoming reception I received from all. I only hope they got the same feeling from me.

Libby and I can’t make it this year as she is having rotator cuff surgery tomorrow. I definitely will be back for another show, God willing…

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart
35 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Libby and I can’t make it this year as she is having rotator cuff surgery tomorrow. I definitely will be back for another show, God willing…

Heal up good Libby, we’ll miss y’all!

• Heart 2

Pullstart

We travel about 650 miles each way.  One year we brought the camper and a load of tractors on the truck, and another flat bed farm truck getting a whopping 10 mph each probably… you can do the math, but we stopped every 100-150 miles for fuel :lol:

there is camping on site for $20/night as well…

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

JoeM

Comfort Inn has always been good. 15 minute drive

Good food on site.

Clean restrooms.

Lots of nice helpful people.

Gettysburg is close, can be a day trip. 

If you need parts, make a list, chances are there will be a deal there on what you need or want.

Hearing protection is nice if you have issues with noise. At times there are some open exhaust guys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Horse Newbie
21 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Heal up good Libby, we’ll miss y’all!

Thanks so much, I really wanted to be there this year
                    Love you guys, 

Libby

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ANTPER

So anyone bringing items to sell just pulls in and rents a sales spot. How much do spots rent for?

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

I believe if you are going to sell ANYTHING, you need to join, or have a current WHCC membership.

• Like 2

ANTPER
14 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I believe if you are going to sell ANYTHING, you need to join, or have a current WHCC membership.

Yep I'm good there.

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

Can someone that knows more about it please confirm…

but I was thinking you don’t have to “rent” a spot to sell…

just set up your store and sell ?

• Like 1

Sparky
26 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Can someone that knows more about it please confirm…

but I was thinking you don’t have to “rent” a spot to sell…

just set up your store and sell ?

Correct, just set up and sell (as long as your a paid up member of the WHCC)

• Like 2