toma

Toro 522xi Temperature sender sensor?

toma

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone figured out a replacement for Toro part 94-7619 temperature sensor? They are no longer available. There are two similar threads on this forum with no answers. Kohler told me they do not make this type of sensor after I bought the 100 plus dollar Genuine Kohler sensor. The Kohler sensors are only for a warning light. I am looking for one that operates the gauge. Will a temperature sensor with 100-300 F sensitivity work if they are the same threads? There are cheap ones available that look similar. Thanks, Tom

JoeM

Just wondering what was wrong with yours? Not working at all? Funky readings?

I have several xi machine and the gauges work or at least put out a reading. I know when I have a 60 inch deck on and cutting in high grass it is not uncommon to tip into the red zone a bit on the gauge. That is with a clean engine and good synthetic oil. I don't have a spare sending unit but I do have a extra gauge. 

toma

Hi.. I was thinking that the original sensor was off as it was heating up really quickly. I later found out it was heating up because the engine was caked with oil behind the shroud due to an out leak. When I cleaned the engine I replaced the temp. sensor per (kohler advise) later to find out kohler sensors will not operate a gauge. They only light a warning light. A hundred plus dollar waste. When I tried to put the original back in I broke it. It is very hard to install without taking the engine back out. So I am looking for a sensor to operate the original Toro gauge. 

• Like 1