Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Future Home to my Wheel Horse

Rogue

Not that it much matters... and I still have a lot to do. However, I just thought I would share. My shed was in pretty rough shape when I bought the house. Well, I finally got on it. I probably should have built new to avoid having to deal with all the previous owners mistakes.

They had rafters sideway, never bolted down the plates, walls were bowing out. I had to use a come-a-long to pull them back in to get the ridge straight. Absolutely nothing has been sqaure or level. Plus I wanted overhangs and a reverse gable on the front to protect the front door. seems to be where the weather hits.

Eitherway, I still have a lot of work to do, frame the doors, vinyl siding....etc. But this will be the future home to my wheel horse. I'm even thinking of making up the wheel horse emblem on my bandsaw to put on the door. :thumbs2: I think that would be kinda cool.

Thanks for looking

-R-

dscf2401p.th.jpg

dscf2403l.th.jpg

dscf2402l.th.jpg

dscf2411j.th.jpg

dscf2417p.th.jpg

dscf2424.th.jpg

dscf2429w.th.jpg

nylyon

Looks like you've fixed it up good, but I think you'll need to make it a little bigger, looks like it can fit only about 2 Horses...... :thumbs2:

TJ

Looking good. :thumbs2:

Rogue

Looks like you've fixed it up good, but I think you'll need to make it a little bigger, looks like it can fit only about 2 Horses...... :ychain:

It's getting there. I'll be really happy when it's done. Getting sick of it now. On the up side, my 9yr old now knows how to use an impact driver and a hammer. I work on the shed and he works on nailing a piece of scrap and pulling the nail back out... I work on the shed and he works on screwing a piece of plywood to my horses :thumbs2:

I could get 3 in there solid. 4 with some crazy maneuvering and 6-8 if I stack them. I can stack them right? :thumbs:

Rogue

Looking good. :thumbs2:

Sparky

Seems to be coming along nicely :thumbs2: .

Just make sure the front door and the coluums are wide enough for your mowing deck to get thru.

Mike.......

WHC-125

Looks great!! :thumbs2: And Mike good reminder.

Rogue
Seems to be coming along nicely

T-Mo

Hmm, a 48 inch deck is quite a bit wider than 4 foot, more like 53 or so inches, especially with the side chute on (even up). I have a shed and the door opening is 55 inches and my 48 inch deck barely fits in, especially the 48 inch deck on my old 314-8. I would rethink that opening and plan on making it bigger. Just my .02 cents worth. :thumbs2:

Rogue

Hi Terry,

My old deck was a 48" SD. My new one is a 42" RD. I know what you mean on the opening. Those side shoots are huge.

-R-

KyBlue

I dont have a problem with the Mower Deck (36" RD deck) my problem comes with the Snow/dozer Blade.. some crazy maneuvering to get a 54" blade thru a 48" door

bustedglass

Great looking rebuild on your shed. Don't worry about the door width. Just go real fast when you put it away :thumbs2: .

HorseFixer
I could get 3 in there solid.