Wild Bill in VA

Indiana Jones couldn't find a Wheel Horse in this place

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Wild Bill in VA Now I know who to call at VEPCO when the power is out.

• Haha 4

c-series don

I’d like to see some more pictures of that truck. How high does it go? Looks huge! I’m guessing that’s for going off road and working on high tension lines? 

• Like 3

Mickwhitt

We got things like that over here, not for off road so much as it needs solid stable ground to stand on I guess. 

T103P-Truck-Mounted-Platform-Featured-Image-Profile-1.jpg.7dd9ca3e1dabff644c579e2a27180be4.jpgThis one is 103 m platform height, which would be plenty enough for me! 

As an apprentice I had to test the big platform trucks our local authority used. Maybe only a third of that bad boy but it still made me giddy to go up and slew it through 360. 

Screenshot_20230618_075529_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

JoeM
9 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

second differential to get looked over

8 pinion I bet!

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell

Whaatt, no white shirt and pants??

• Haha 6

wallfish

Jones might not but I spy all kinds of goodies in there.

Let me know if you're willing to part with that RJ hood as I would love to have something of Wild Bill's in my collection. I can trade ya one of mine or buy ya a better one at the show or just pay ya for it. But I completely understand if ya just prefer to keep it too. It's a "can't win if you don't play" kind of request thing

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

oliver2-44
17 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

KIMG2381.JPG

KIMG2382.JPG

I was thinking the same thing Wallfish. I'm not going to the show, but let me loose in that garage of ol Bill and I'd be a kid in a candy store!

5 hours ago, wallfish said:

Jones might not but I spy all kinds of goodies in there.

Let me know if you're willing to part with that RJ hood as I would love to have something of Wild Bill's in my collection. I can trade ya one of mine or buy ya a better one at the show or just pay ya for it. But I completely understand if ya just prefer to keep it too. It's a "can't win if you don't play" kind of request thing

At  the utility I retire from the Transmission guys had two of the special TALL bucket trucks.  While they might have been considered "Off road" They usually has a boom trucj following it with a load of large timbers to build a temporary pad for it.  Every few years we would get them to bring one to one of the dams to do some unusual job.  Once I had one reach 150 ft up and probably another 40 ft forward. They operated them for us as it took a light finesse on the controls way out there!  When they bought the second one, luckily the contract was "delivered" Somebody delivering it made a mistake and they hit the bottom of an highway bridge. Needless to say it went back to the factory.

17 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

KIMG2358.JPG

• Like 3

squonk

My last job we had a small bucket truck. It was handy for lifting compressors up to the roof. I only "flew " on it once. Had to get a 3HP motor up to an RTU.

Altec Telecommunications Equipment – Altec Inc

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

image.jpeg.884468647f9fed28b4e2a79e0548ef4d.jpeg

We had a walnut tree that was on the property line between neighbors that was directly under a power line.  It took us a couple years to get Duke Energy to realize the danger.  No private tree trimmers could do this.   Duke in Indiana finally announced they were coming to remove the tree but they were waiting on a piece of equipment they bought in Europe for over $500,000.   When they showed up they had a tracked bucket and used pads across the front yard to move the machine in place. It was a sight to see when they were operating in that bucket!  

• Like 6