jonw440

Rubber Gromet for dipstick

jonw440

I went to check the Transmission  oil in my 1993 314-8 today and had a hard time removing the dipstick. I had to get a long alien wrench attached to a pair of needle nose vise grips to pry the dipstick out. (The oil looked clean and full).

I then had a extra hard time re install it back onto the tube.I cleaned and lubed the rubber grommet but was still very very hard to get it back in place. I see the complete dipstick is N/A from Toro.

Can I just replace the rubber grommet? If so does anyone know the part number or dimensions?

Edited by jonw440

Pullstart

Possibly some dielectric grease or petroleum jelly would help condition the grommet?

• Like 3

peter lena

@Pullstart  thats it , once you start to use a multi purpose lubricant for rubber to metal / vinyl , thats what its made for , just setting up some fuel runs / experimenting on location / run , ease of flow ,etc , just a tiny ammount makes fitting changes , fuel filters etc , very easy to do , also put on a squeeze gas clamp first,  inches away from the connection , then after you are  all in place ,suuare edge plrers , easily slide clamp in place , SUPER LUBE , small bottle , H/W  store ,  done that , pete

• Like 2