Sign in to follow this  
perry

1277 is home....oooh doggy

perry

:thumbs: 1277 is home.

when i got there i had a surprise :P . i forgot all about this having a hydro lift :thumbs: .

he had takin the generator and shield off to replace the belt but never finished due to his health. he was all worried about not having it back together. i felt kinda bad for the older gentleman i bought this from. he was pretty down on his luck and getting ready to loose more than just his pride & joy wheel horse. so i offered him $300. this is the most i have ever payed for a old tractor, but i think it was well worth the money :P . it really is in nice original shape. the darn mealted decal on the right side is a bummer thou. :P .

this has been sitting for about a year or so in his garage. the gas tank is spottless on the inside. even the T-lock throttle works. and no signs of leaky dirty grime any where.

the implements are pretty neat. someone did a decent job building them. the deck was left outside :D and has one rust hole and needs a wheel. check out the homemade straight hitch.

this is the nicest looking wheel horse i own now. im grinnin from ear to ear :D .

wh1277004.jpg

wh1277008.jpg

wh1277002.jpg

wh1277001.jpg

wh1277009.jpg

wh1277019.jpg

wh1277010.jpg

TT

:thumbs: :thumbs::D

You made out REAL well on that purchase, Perry!

$300 well spent!

Congratulations on your "new" Horse :P

Rollerman

SWEET!!

Looks like a nice one Perry...take good care of her. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Perry, you made an excellent decission on buying that tractor :D:P:P it even has the knob on the hydraulic handle that gets lost for some reason :D:thumbs: looks like all original :P on the deck, dont feel bad as most of that type are in the same condition, as people dont like to clean them out :thumbs:

nylyon

I noticed that knob as well, neither of my old hydro's have that knob. That is a :thumbs: 1277 you've got there.

perry

thanks guys. also the cigarette lighter looks like it was never used :thumbs: .

as i sit here i want to go take a nap, but im to gitty to go out and work on it. maybe in a little bit hehehe.

chevelletown

Wow great find Perry :thumbs: The 'power rake' looks like it would work well for loosening packed gravel on drives :D Are the pipes on the top for weights? The grader blade looks well made too :thumbs: Well done Sir!!

combatmp29r

:P Great job Perry :thumbs: Very nice toys. I see the saint Bernard there in the one pic. Is that the family pet or did you raid the snow rescue dog of its rum container :thumbs: :D

Sparky

Thats a nice clean unmolested tractor you got there. You did good. Its gettin harder and harder to find tractors like that here in Connecticut.

Mike.........

T-Mo

Perry,

Nice deal and nice tractor. Did all those attachments come with it? That's :thumbs: I even like that hitch :D (Sorry, but I saw that :P smilie and I just had to use it. Where's Ian? :thumbs:

kpinnc

Nice find Perry, very good looking tractor!

Congratulations!

Kevin

perry

Perry,

Nice deal and nice tractor. Did all those attachments come with it?

yes the attachments came with it.

well i think a just bagged another horse tonight. i made contact and got a reply email and now we are just setting up a meet time. hope this new deal go's threw. 753 for under a hundy :thumbs: . good things come in 3's right :thumbs: . maybe ill have a good run this month :D

pond195520032003

Perry, good deal and glad you are having a lucky streak thThumbsUp.gif

T-Mo

Wait a minute - I hope this 753 isn't in Arkansas. :thumbs:

Seriously, Perry, sounds like you're on a roll. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Not wanting to get :thumbs: , But JD Terry how did the 753 fair in the bad weather Arkansas just had?

T-Mo

Good question, Joel. I have been wanting to call Jeff and asked him if he was safe and sound. Thanks for reminding me. Tornadoes are terrible storms and have been called the most devastating natural disaster know to man. They're unpredictable, can strike without warning, are not prejudice in destroying everything in it's path and are very deadly.

kj4kicks

Great find Perry ! Nice original machines are hard to find.

I noticed it still has one of the old red hydro filters on it. Guess there's a little maintenence in your future.

69DEZ

Very nice tractor!!! :thumbs:

Stigian

Thats a real nice find for $300 Perry :thumbs:

If only WH's were that cheap in the UK :thumbs:

Michcruiser60

Perry, great find. Hope your good luck does come in threes.

Gotta ask... What year is your 1277? I'm not good at dating those.

Reason I'm asking is I've been about a month tring to get this guy at work to let me see his brothers WH that might go up for sale. All I can get for info is that it's a 1969 12hp with automatic and hydraulic's, cigar lighter and large mowing deck.

It would be sweet if it's like yours!!

Great find, Mich60

CHARGER9AUTO

Perry, great find. Hope your good luck does come in threes.

Gotta ask... What year is your 1277? I'm not good at dating those.

Reason I'm asking is I've been about a month tring to get this guy at work to let me see his brothers WH that might go up for sale. All I can get for info is that it's a 1969 12hp with automatic and hydraulic's, cigar lighter and large mowing deck.

It would be sweet if it's like yours!!

Great find, Mich60

MICH60 , 1967 Wheel Horse 1277 AUTOMATIC is the year of Perry's new tractor . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Thats a nice clean unmolested tractor you got there. You did good. Its gettin harder and harder to find tractors like that here in Connecticut.

Mike.........

Mike, You allready purchased another toy to play with than your tractors a Honda Oddessey . :thumbs: Ben.............

Michcruiser60

Thanks Ben for the info buddy. Mich60

wesley

Nice tractor you have there.

wes

CHARGER9AUTO

Thanks Ben for the info buddy. Mich60

MICH60, I have my Wheel Horse story book written by Mike Martino I use it to look up years of tractors . your welcome 953 buddy . Ben