formariz

Blacksmith services needed.

formariz

I believe there are a few of you that are into blacksmithing. If so I could use your services. I need to duplicate the hand forged pins that hold arches onto yokes. It’s something that cannot be bought and I ran out of spare originals. I need two different types and possibly six pairs of each. I have a drawing for them and could furnish a couple of originals to duplicate. Any help is greatly appreciated.

366293CB-AFD6-4337-A1B7-22023562B31E.jpeg.87bc0a5ecb82567f577f74aa37db997d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

wallfish

Time for a new hobby Cas?

Get a small forge, an anvil, some 3/8 rod and have at it! Pile of coal and a hair dryer?

You might be able to pull those off with a torch. The left one would need the "hook" piece to be brazed or welded on since you can't forge weld it or split a long piece without a forge

• Like 1

formariz
25 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Time for a new hobby Cas?

Thought about it but it just will take too much time away from the wood working part of it. I think also that if the little woman sees more toys coming in, I might have mutiny in my hands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oliver2-44
10 minutes ago, formariz said:

I think also that if the little woman sees more toys coming in, I might have mutiny in my hands. 

There’s something in the Male gene pool that brings all of us to walk that finely drawn Female line. 

• Haha 2

8ntruck

We've got a local tractor show coming up the end of July.  The advertisement says there will be a blacksmith there with a demonstration.  There is typically a blacksmith demonstration at the Missouri State Fair as well. 

Take a look at fairs and festivals in your area.  Maybe a blacksmith will turn up that you could contact.  I'm going to guess that most blacksmiths will consider doing custom jobs.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

A few old school blacksmith forums out ther... try them. 

They are seriously into the hobby.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger
16 hours ago, formariz said:

I believe there are a few of you that are into blacksmithing. If so I could use your services. I need to duplicate the hand forged pins that hold arches onto yokes. It’s something that cannot be bought and I ran out of spare originals. I need two different types and possibly six pairs of each. I have a drawing for them and could furnish a couple of originals to duplicate. Any help is greatly appreciated.

366293CB-AFD6-4337-A1B7-22023562B31E.jpeg.87bc0a5ecb82567f577f74aa37db997d.jpeg

formariz. There are quite a few good blacksmith shops in New Jersey to get your project done.  Check into it as they will love the project . 

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+jersey.blacksmith+shops&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#trex=m_dg:1,m_r:1,m_t:gwp,rc_q:new%20jersey.blacksmith%20shops,rc_ui:2,ru_gwp:0%2C6,ru_q:new%20jersey.blacksmith%20shops,trex_id:wwEbPd

Edited by Lane Ranger

formariz
9 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

There are quite a few good blacksmith shops in New Jersey

I tried a few. Some are too far, others are too busy and I am waiting for one to call me again. Not having a lot of luck here.