Frankoroofer

frankoroofer

Frankoroofer

I own a 208-4SB. The engine starts fine, but the mower deck won't engage when I flip the toggle switch. Any ideas??  I have the wiring diagram. Is the entire clutch system electric, or are there cables/linkages involved??

Frankoroofer
18 minutes ago, Frankoroofer said:

I own a 208-4SB. The engine starts fine, but the mower deck won't engage when I flip the toggle switch. Any ideas??  I have the wiring diagram. Is the entire clutch system electric, or are there cables/linkages involved??

if I knew which items on the wiring diagram have to do with the mower deck and/or clutch, I might figure it out . Please advise. Thx.

Edited by Frankoroofer

gwest_ca

Does this help?

• Like 1

953 nut

There is probably a fuse between the clutch and your ignition switch. Look at the diagram Garry furnished, There could be an interlock.

PS, for future posts please put the problem you are needing help wit in the subject line rather than your name.

Edited by 953 nut

Handy Don
6 hours ago, Frankoroofer said:

if I knew which items on the wiring diagram have to do with the mower deck and/or clutch, I might figure it out . Please advise. Thx.

The PTO system is only the clutch itself and the simple switch to activate it plus the connecting wiring. No cables or linkages.

There is a seat interlock that will stop the engine if the operator is not in the seat when the PTO gets turned on.

I think it also prevents starting the engine with the PTO turned on.

If you are seated with the engine running and then turn on the PTO and the engine continues to run but the PTO doesn't engage, then it’s a problem in the wiring or the clutch itself.

Frankoroofer
16 hours ago, 953 nut said:

There is probably a fuse between the clutch and your ignition switch. Look at the diagram Garry furnished, There could be an interlock.

PS, for future posts please put the problem you are needing help wit in the subject line rather than your name.

Thanks for the subject line tip. I'm new here.

Frankoroofer
15 hours ago, Handy Don said:

The PTO system is only the clutch itself and the simple switch to activate it plus the connecting wiring. No cables or linkages.

There is a seat interlock that will stop the engine if the operator is not in the seat when the PTO gets turned on.

I think it also prevents starting the engine with the PTO turned on.

If you are seated with the engine running and then turn on the PTO and the engine continues to run but the PTO doesn't engage, then it’s a problem in the wiring or the clutch itself.

Thanks Handy Don.. 'tis raining hard today. Will try this tomorrow.

Frankoroofer

Thanks Handy Don. "tis raining hard today. Will try this tomorrow.