Sign in to follow this  
Gerry w

Look what I got today

Gerry w

Went on a Horse hunt today, long day, but worth it! Was talking with the owner for a few weeks and set a time and place to look at these D's.

Just got back, the owner wasn't there but his grandfather was and tried to score new prices and deals beyond what his grandson and I had spoken about. angry.gif So, I let him have his say and then told him what the "deal" was and if not, I was prepared to drive back without any of it. He acquiesced and the deal was struck. Although he stated I was "stealing" it and the stuff, I don't disagree, but the deal was the deal.....

So, I got the D180 which is really a 200 because of the fresh motor in it, two sets of weights, extra tires, an entire parts tractor,D 160 Auto with a dual Oran(sp?) engine with about 60 hrs on it. A front plow blade, a finish mower, a tiller, three point hitch, pto shaft, extra draw bar, chains, I know I'm missing something....

The parts tractor just needs the rear end split and new bearings and seals put in the axles, and one new axle hub and it's a complete running unit. The D 180 just had the dealer do a complete tune up and go over, runs VERY strong, both hot and cold, but needs the steering adjusted or I'm taking it out of the parts tractor if needed. D looks pretty good with those duallys eh??

Here are some pics of the "haul", total travel, 648 miles, 9hrs. for BOTH ways...cost in gas, 150.00, cost for tractors and stuff, 1,250.00. Yup, some might say I "stole" them.. :thumbs2:

Attached Image

post-3-1249613673.jpg

MikesRJ

Gerry,

And your still alive to talk about t? :thumbs: How did you slip that one past the wife? :thumbs2:

Gerry w

Sold my motorcycle to pay for it.. <_< But I'm STILL happy about it! And so is she, she enjoys her tractor when the LR is running good. I'm VERY lucky when it comes to my wife.

nylyon

I don't think that I have ever seen duals on a D. Is the setup the same as on the others? Looks like fun was had!

Gerry w

I just used extra set of weights to set up the tires, but it works! Took them off today, ot rid of that ugly yellow seat too!