Sign in to follow this  
canam1991

Look what i picked up today Am i missing anything?

canam1991

I picked up a 1976 d160 today with front rear pto 3pt hitch, 48" side discharge deck, this 48" snow blower used twice on a asphalt drive way :thumbs2: and a like new snow cab :thumbs::ychain: i'll get more pics tomorrow I know i missing the chute turn shaft but am i missing something that goes under the D160?

wheelhorse046.jpg

wheelhorse047.jpg

wheelhorse048.jpg

wheelhorse049.jpg

wheelhorse050.jpg

wheelhorse051.jpg

wheelhorse052.jpg

wheelhorse053.jpg

wheelhorse043-1.jpg

wheelhorse044.jpg

wheelhorse045.jpg

Jim_M

You're missing the pivot arms for the snowblower. If I can find my manual I'll scan a good picture for you. If you have your model number Toro probably shows them on the ipl.

canam1991

Jim that would be wonderful because tag is missing :thumbs2: or does someone have a picture of under there tractor? thanks going to get pics of tractor

Jim_M

Picture200061.jpg

See the 2 pieces of 3/8" x 1" flat bar that go from the rear of the blower frame to to the holes in the rock shaft? That's all you're missing. You can make them easily enough. I can get you the dimensions, but it will be a few days bfeore I get time to drive out to where the blower is.

canam1991

That would be great would it be easy to make the chute turn shaft thingy?

perry

nice find :thumbs:

you can just drop that cab at my house :thumbs2: .

Jim_M

That would be great would it be easy to make the chute turn shaft thingy?

It could be made easily enough as long as you don't care about having it look 100% original. I'll see if I can find a picture of that side of the tractor.

I don't own this one anymore so if I don't have a picture I won't be able to get one, but I have another blower just like it (not on a tractor).

canam1991

Thanks perry

Jim i don't care what it looks like its a work tractor not a show but could you get me the dimensions of that to while your there? thanks

Jim_M

Yup, will do.

In the mean time here's the parts diagram for a 6-7451 snowblower.

You can see the 2 arms that you're missing, #42. You also need 50, 51 and 52.

If you put the blower on your tractor, set the front of it on a block so that the cutting edge is 4" to 6" off the ground and raise the implement lift all the way up, you can measure from the center of the hole on your plow bracket to the center of the hole in the rock shaft (both sides should measure the same) and you'll know how long to make the arms. They're made of 3/8" x 1" hot rolled bar.

As for the chute crank, you can bend it up out of 3/8" round stock. with the blower on the tractor you should be able to come up with the length, just remember it will move forward and back as you lower or lift the blower, so come up with a length that's a happy medium. part # 50 is the support bracket for the crank, anything that holds the crank about 8" away from the side of the tractor and allows the crank to move forward and back should work just fine for you. #51 slides through the hole in #50.

6-7451.gif

canam1991

ok thats good enough for the lift brackets got them made but could you measure the crank and take a picture of the bracket? thanks alot

can whlvr

Nice find that machine looks well taken care of.

Jim_M

ok thats good enough for the lift brackets got them made but could you measure the crank and take a picture of the bracket? thanks alot

Yes, but it's going to be a while before I get out that way.

canam1991

ok thats fine

canam1991

Got the cab on it to make sure its all there :thumbs:

wheelhorse060.jpg

wheelhorse061.jpg

and it is :thumbs2: :ychain:

Rogue

Wow! That is a beast. Nice find :thumbs2:

Ro

.5racer

So the blower is a belt drive !!

d180man

HI that is a nices find we are still looking for a cab and blower! :thumbs2: but great find! :thumbs: and to .5racer it is belt down to box then a small pto shaft! :ychain:

baerpath

With minimal effort you take the adaptors off a D250 snow blower for use on the smaller D's. Same blower just different attachments

Duane

canam1991

i,ve never seen a blower on a 250 :thumbs2:

WH953

If you took all the mountings off the back of that blower, I am almost positive it is a twin to my Sears blower. The chute turn shaft, that you are missing, is made up of a solid square shaft, with a crank handle bent on the end of it. That telescopes inside of a hollow square shaft with a open hook, on the end, that connects to the eye hook on the swivel mechanism. I don't have the blower at my house, but if someone else doesn't beat me to it, I'll send you a picture.

canam1991

ok thank you