Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Latest Haul........

whfan74

Well I have been talking with an individual for the past couple of months. He actually contacted me in the first place and said he had a Wheel Horse........didn't know what it was except for it is red and rusty with attachments. I told him I wasn't looking for any more tractors at the time but I would come take a look.

Well I couldn't even see it.........it was buried in the back of a storage condo. The motor was pulled and apart! :thumbs2: So I was very leary about this. I did see the grill sitting off to the side and new it was a D-180 or an 18 Automatic. Couldn't even get to the id tag.........sorry wasn't current with my tetanis shots.

Kept in contact with the gentleman over the summer. Worked out a deal and went and picked it up today. Put a bunch of parts in the back of the truck and my 6x12 open trailer was completely loaded to the point I almost couldn't put up the ramp.

Sorry I wasn't able to get any pics, but I will make sure to get some for everyone.

I came home with a 1973 18 Automatic. As I mentioned the motor has been pulled and is going to need a bunch of work. The tractor has the rear pto and 3 pt. arms. A complete 56" snow plow, 3 pt. Brinly double row discs, looks to be a Wheel Horse/Brinly plow with coulter wheel, 60" rear mount mowing deck, a 7-1211 rototiller, a no name seeder that attaches to the 3 pt., a spike aerator that I am not sure if it is homemade or not.........I will need some help with a possible identification once I get pictures.

It was good to get it unburied and loaded. Took about 2 hours to muscle all of that stuff out and on to the trailer. Needless to say I visited the local chiropractor tonight. :thumbs:

Sorry for the long post..........glad to have this one home. To be honest, I am done buying tractors at this point. I am wanting to change gears and focus on the restoration of the ones I have. I feel I have a good base of tractors that are ready for their attention. I will be asking for input in the future.

Take care everyone!

can whlvr

Nice haul,a three point would be handy :thumbs2:

bo dawg

Sounds like a good thing Scott, can't wait to see some pic's. I bet you made a good deal on it.

Duff

To be honest, I am done buying tractors at this point. I am wanting to change gears and focus on the restoration of the ones I have.

Hi, Scott,

First, congratulations on your haul, and like the rest of the guys here, looking forward to the pictures!

Now, as to the quote above....famous last words! :thumbs2:

Cheers!

Duff :thumbs:

whfan74

Thanks guys.....it was a good deal in my opinion but I definitely didn't steal it.

Well Duff.........that is my hopes anyways. I am trying to convince myself that I need to give some the attention that they deserve. Here is hoping anyways.