Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

New toy!!!

combatmp29r

Well the fabrication process here has been improved. Less back and forth between the stick and mig welder. With my allowance from the tax return :thumbs: I bought one of these New Toy. Running Lincoln innershield .045 flux core it can actually weld up to 1/2" stock. So the 110 mig will now be the portable weld fixer and this will be the full time shop go to.

CasualObserver

That looks like fun! wish I knew how to weld. Kind of expensive to "try"

combatmp29r

Well I can tell you I payed less than 75% of what they have listed as retail :thumbs:

My first mig was from harbor freight. Its 11 years old and still kickin. It'll only weld up to 3/16 stock, but i only gave about $200 for it.

nylyon

You guys ever think of moving to NY? There's a house right around the corner from me for sale. I could sure use to "borrow" some of these toys :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Sorry Karl. Wife is trying to talk me into moving back to IN near her family. No way I can convince her to move to NY farther away :thumbs: :thumbs:

chevelletown

Nice lookin' sparky thingy maker. I have a Lincoln about that size and it works great! Where in Indiana is your wife trying to get you to move? The vert. shaft collection would be welcome :thumbs: Oh, and you too :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Her Family lives in the Ninevah (I know where is that, Prioncess lakes sound familiar?) franklin, bargersville area. For work I would need to stay somewhere along 74 south east of Indy, but OUT OF TOWN!!!!!! I'm a farm boy and hate the city. No offense meant to anyone who grew up or lives in the city, just not my thing.

whchris

Karl I've got just the place for you built to suit 4.2 acres wooded area small stream with a retired welder fabricator on one side 12 acres of field on the other (the owners of that suck but there far enough away) and me right across the way with a mig and a tig and an arc welder with about 200 lbs of welding rods i got a sweet deal at a tag sale all three plus rods and wire for $75

nylyon

Holy cow, that is a great deal for all 3 :thumbs: Me, I wouldn't mind moving back to Connecticut (lived there for 4 years) but my Wife is a die hard NY'er. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

MMMMMMMM Tig one of these days I'll learn to Tig weld.

Rollerman

I'm really slacking...I have yet to burn metal with my Lincoln stick welder I picked up recently.

Looks like a nice setup Joel. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Thanks Stephen. Hopefully I won't have to turn to the old Hobart Stick welder much now :thumbs: This should do almost everything I need in the shop.

whchris

well im not gonna say im any good at any of the three (i can make bird poo sculptures real good though) it was just a deal i couldnt pass up any thing i need welded good goes across the street karl ill cut ya a deal on that land nothing as close as i could on the plow

T-Mo

Joel,

You really know how to shop for nice toys. I want one too - maybe someday I'll have one and I can learn to fuse metal together. :thumbs:

Sparky

One of these days I gotta get a welder and practice with some scrap steel. Once the garage gets straightened out I'll look into it and be back here askin about what to buy as I'm welding illiterate.

Would love to try to fab something up.

Mike......

combatmp29r

Mike I wanted a Hobart from the git go. Miller is the top dog :D I'm sure someone will argue that, but I've owned hobarts for quite awhile, and Miller and Hobart are actually the same company now. The welder I got actually has a miller H10 gun on it same as TTs miller 140 if I'm not mistaken. Anyhow, couldn't bring myself to pay $822 dolars for it (or the wife for that matter). I found the lincoln version online for a great price and had every intention of buying it. Stopped at TSC for something else (forgot to get it) and saw the hobarts. Last time I looked at their welders they were green farm hands or something like that. The Hobart was $10 more than the lincoln i was going to order, so a phone call later and I picked it up at the next TSC up the road (15 minute drive). Had to go buy a different 230V wall plug today as ofcourse the one I have in the shop didn't match :thumbs: Maybe I'll get to play with it tomorrow :thumbs: