Sign in to follow this  
captjake

Back seat horse

captjake

Bought another tractor. I guess next purchase should be a trailer.

seat1.JPG

seat2.JPG

travisg84

:thumbs2: I'm just waiting for the day I get to cram a horse in my wife's little honda. 40mpg sounds pretty good on a horse haul though!

kajamo240

:thumbs2:

VinsRJ

Hey, if it fits............. it fits! :thumbs2:

Coadster32

Whatever it takes. Is that a Suburban 400, or 550??

TJ

Will we be seeing that picture in your avatar?

Nice haul....literally. :thumbs2:

TT

Nothing wrong with using what you got! :thumbs2:

My dad knew an old farmer who would pull the passenger seat out of a VW beetle so he could haul livestock to and/or from the sale barn. I guess a calf even "painted" the dash for him once. :thumbs:

Jim_M

I've seen stranger things hauled in the back seat of a car.

When I was a kid my dad had a 49 Dodge Coronet 4 door with a trailer hitch on the back. If he had something big to haul he pulled the trailer. If it was something small he just took the back seat out and left the trailer at home.

I can remember riding with him one Saturday morning to pick up a trailer load of 8 week old pigs about 40 miles away from home. When we got there the farmer made him a deal on a Holstien bull calf, it ended up laying on it's side in the back seat on a pile of burlap feed sacks with it's legs tied together so it couldn't go anywhere.

The next morning I rode to church on that same back seat. I didn't have to be tied up though.

Kelly

When you told me you didn't bring a trailer to haul the suburban, but had a Taurus I wasn't sure about stuffing it in, but it fit pretty good, did you have help getting it back out?? post pictures as you go on the rebuild.

dkopp

Caption for the above pictures.

...how to know your addicted to collecting horses...

You could have strapped another one on the deck of the trunk after you got that one loaded. :thumbs2:

bustedglass

I think a trailer would save a whole lot of time and work :thumbs: .

Although, you sure know about neccesity being the Mother of invention :thumbs2: .

captjake

Yeah, I will post pictures. I think it's a 400. How do you know the difference between a 400 and 550? Other than the engine, which I don't have.

perry

ya i was unsure at first to when i seen how small the rear door opening was . with a little dismantleing it fit rather well :thumbs2: .

linen beige

Yeah, I will post pictures. I think it's a 400. How do you know the difference between a 400 and 550? Other than the engine, which I don't have.

The 550 was electric start and used a solinoid mounted in the toolbox. The battery was also in the tool box. If the toolbox shows signs of having these mounted in it, then it was most likely a 550. If no signs, then it's a 400. You may also be able to tell from the outline of the oil pan where it was mounted on the frame. The 400 Kohler or Clinton and the 550 Tecumseh have differently shaped pans and leave different patterns.

Does the hood have a rectangular cut out for the throttle/choke controls? If that cut out is round, then you have a 401. The 551 used a different hood stand.

bitten

Shouldn't there be a red neck joke in there somewhere?

Kelly

He got it from me, so I can answer some questions, it has the rectangle hole in the hood so it's a 60 and the tool box has two holes on the front right side sitting on the tractor not sure if they punched or drilled the holes in all of them? but this one has them, had a few motors over the years so a pan print is going to be ruff to see.

captjake

I just bought a K91T on ebay for $ 36 dollars. Looks like it's a 400.

linen beige

the tool box has two holes on the front right side sitting on the tractor not sure if they punched or drilled the holes in all of them? but this one has them,

Neither of my 400s have those holes, so they weren't punched in all of them.