Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

My kids new rides

Kelly

I wanted to share the two tractors I built for my kids over the last 6 weeks we finished them, at midnight before the show here, I will post a full build in a week or so but this is what they started as and look like now.

My youngest Ryan 9 years old is a 74 B-100 (now powered by a 8hp)

Before

100_2116.jpg

100_2114.jpg

and now

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

And my oldest son Nick 18 years old is or was a C-85 now a C-145

Before, very rusty

100_2118.jpg

100_2117.jpg

and now with a few mods black frame and running gear, older C fender, no lift built to ride pull things and show.

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

Bow_Extreme

Wow!!! Very Nice Job!! :thumbs2:

can whlvr

Do you want to adopt a 44 year old son? :thumbs2: Real nice jobs!!

TJ

Great job for a couple of really great kids (or I should say, one well behaved youngster, and one outstanding young man).

If you don't mind a bit of advice; try to get your daughters tractor done some time before the eve of next years show. :thumbs2: What a nice young lady.

Tom

rustyoldjunk

awsome job on the tractors Kelly.i think the black frame improves the looks of the black hoods.btw i see a bush hog tractor peaking its nose in there.those are some tough old machines too.

WHC-125

Kelly, very nice job on both tractors :thumbs2: ! Ryan and Nick are very lucky to have you as there father.

nylyon

awsome job on the tractors Kelly.i think the black frame improves the looks of the black hoods.

You know what, you're right, it really does make the black hood look really nice! Great job Kelly!

scifi4all

WOW! I just...... :thumbs2: WOW! Can I get in line for that adoption list?

MikesRJ

Two beauties! Nice work. :thumbs2: :thumbs:

d180man

Hi very nice job!!! :thumbs2: :thumbs:

perry

If you don't mind a bit of advice; try to get your daughters tractor done some time before the eve of next years show. :thumbs2: What a nice young lady.

iagree.gif

those tractors turned out super nice and you could tell your kids really appreciated them. great job dad :thumbs: .

wheel horse 1045

those came out sharp kelly,and ive met his kids earlier this year and they are great kids and he is blessed.

Coadster32

I agree on the black. I'm glad I incorperated the color into my Suburban. Great job on the tractors! :thumbs2:

Duff

Awesome work, Kelly! Wow!

EDIT: And thanks for the pix of the black frame. I've just finished painting the frame and running gear of #2 312-8 in black and was wondering how the finished product will look. Now I have a good idea! :thumbs:

Duff :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

those are auwsome horses Kelly...and your kids and the young man are auwsome also. Glad I got to meet all of them...and to see the horses in person. :thumbs2:

refracman

Them are a couple of nice tractors, didnt even notice the frame when i saw them up close, dang the does set'em off. Nice touch :thumbs2:

bo dawg

Hey Kelly...it's me your long lost son :thumbs2:

Wow! I am in love with the black hood, I agree with everyone else... the black frame sets it off BIG time. You know, I'm starting to like the idea of black frames on a lot of them. The whole set up looks good, can't wait to see the full build you're going to post on them.

Beautiful job Kelly :thumbs:

Boy I wish I could go out back and choose one out of a herd to fix up.

Hey you know how kids are after they get done playing with their toys, after a while their tired of them. So give a call I take hammie downs. :ychain:

sorekiwi

Beautiful tractors, Kelly! Anyone would think you've been doing bodywork your whole life!! :thumbs2:

What brand are the tri-ribs on the B100?

WheelHorse_of_course

Awesome! :thumbs:

Your attention to detail is incredible.

Keep up the good work, and make sure the kids learn about preventative maintenance.

:ychain: :thumbs2:

Stigian

I have to say you have changed my mind about black hood's, that black chassis and other bits look great.

Top job there Kelly :thumbs2:

whlpny

Them tractors were looking real sharp last week at the show. The black chasis gives alot of contrast and looks sharp. I used that approach on my 4x4s. Them young men should be proud!!!

stevinator

Those are beautiful tractors. :thumbs2:

Kelly

Thanks for the compliments guys, it was really a lot of work, hours after getting home from work, and not really wanting to work on them, but trying to get them done for the show and mostly for my kids, and I'm kinda picky on how I build things, I like to do my best, that was the way my dad showed me, they had the nice tractors, heck every tractor of mine I took was rusty.

The 3 ribs are trans masters, I picked them up off ebay about 3 years ago, and just took the shipping tape off, I paid $53 shipped for them, they are not the nicest 3 ribs I've seen, I just bought a pair off ebay that are Deetones, I'd have to check spelling, and they are nicer, but cost more.

whfan74

Sharp looking tractors Kelly! :thumbs2:

I think it is great that your kids can enjoy in the hobby with you. You are building great memories. I am sure the lack of sleep was tough, but the smile on their faces had to be priceless!

Great job! :thumbs:

bitten

Very nice!!! I bet they are great father and son projects.