Sign in to follow this  
TJ

Pictures from Charlotte

TJ

Friday afternoon and a good number of tractors have already arrived for the weekend show.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

This one has already been awarded first place for best paint scheme. MICHIGAN :thumbs:

IMG_0222.jpg

I believe in this picture Kelly was telling Duval and Refracman that this was his show and if they didn't like it, they could leave. :thumbs2:

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

My little 654

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Kelly and his family have put a lot of hours and work into this show and it is off to a great start.

Tom

whfan74

Thanks so much for sharing the pics! I am bummed I couldn't make it this year. Moving the folks in to their new house down here.

Looks like it is off to a great start! Plenty of red there so far.........can't wait to see pics after everyone gets there today!

nylyon

Tom, thank you for the pictures and keep them coming. I love that first picture of the front weight! If you see Kelly, tell him it looks like the show is off to a great start!

d180man

Hi thank you for the photos :thumbs2::ychain: please post more if you have them ! :thumbs: :ROTF:

Duvall

One side of the road.

p1020053.jpg

The other side.

p1020054f.jpg

Kelly's all night rush projects.

p1020028u.jpg

p1020026h.jpg

Couple pulling Horses.

p1020069.jpg

p1020070d.jpg

Few more later.

stevasaurus

I had an excellent time meeting people and looking at tractors all weekend...special thanks to Kelly & family...Great Job...this show is going to take off and grow...very nice camp ground in the back also.

I have some of the same pictures that have already been posted...but because it is the first, I am just going to post them.

2008_08032009eaton0014.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0013.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0012.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0011.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0010.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0009.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0007.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0008.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0006.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0005.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0004.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0003.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0002.jpg

2008_08032009eaton0001.jpg

I caught the other side of that wolvarine horse, TJ

It was nice to meet everyone...great weather...and Mary...thanks for the brownies.

:thumbs2:

wheel horse 1045

gotta love that wolverine tractor go blue

perry

i would also like to thank kelly, his family, and all the participants for putting on a great show :thumbs: .

my wife and i would also like to give a special thanks to kellys oldest son nick. he kept my kids{and duke} very entertained with tractor/train rides. theres not too many teenagers anymore that would take the time out for the little ones. thank you nick :thumbs2: . actually it gave him a good excuse to drive his pretty new tractor around :ychain: .

cant wait till next year :ROTF: .

here is some more pics.

greatlkswh09020.jpg

greatlkswh09021.jpg

greatlkswh09022.jpg

greatlkswh09023.jpg

greatlkswh09024.jpg

greatlkswh09025.jpg

greatlkswh09026.jpg

greatlkswh09029.jpg

greatlkswh09030.jpg

greatlkswh09047.jpg

whlpny

Heres another thanks to Kelly for organizing the Charlotte event- fantastic job Kelly! I have to agree the train ride was a great feature for the little ones , my son enjoyed it. The grounds had a nice layout and plenty of room to grow. I didn't camp but I did make a couple passes through the campgrounds and the area was very nice- lots of shade and grass. Had some good food and homemade icecream. There were some craft booths for the women which entertained my wife. And they had some mean modified tractor pulls for entertainment on Saturday.

We had a good time putting a few more faces to the names we see online- especially Kelly since he and I are practically neighbors and had yet never met. All the exhibitors were a great bunch of showmen and the displays looked nice- the lineup down around the track fence was impressive for a first year show! I'm looking forward to next year and hope more people will come out and help the show to grow. Sorry I don't have any pics to post- but I think I yacked my jaws non-stop both days and I totally forgot to snap any! Oh by the way- I beleive the WheelHorses way out numbered the Full size John Deere which was the Feature Tractor for the Show- :thumbs2:

Red Iron

That's the Michigan spirit shown, still a horse under that blue skin.

Now I have reason to go next year, to keep it redder than green!

Eriks Red horse herd

How can I say! Many many Thanks to Kelly for putting his heart into a great show! We and I hope I speak for everyone that was there, that we all had an excellent Time!!!!! For a first year show we had alot of red and also had a lot of people that are wheel horse owners that came 2 hours or more just to check out the show. I hope that next year that we can double the tractors and there was a lot of interest parts and tractor swap. I too like Bob ( whlpny) forgot to get pictures maybe because I was set up next to Bob and l also yacked my mouth off too! But the response from everyone there is that the love of the little red tractors is what we all came for. For all that missed out! You'll all have to wait for next year beacuse its going to be one heck of a show.

Again THANKS KELLY IT WAS A BLAST!

Duvall

I would have to say that this was a really great show. Kelly put forth some great effort to get this together.

I met really great people and learned a bunch.

Another puller. This was the class winner.

p1020076.jpg

stevasaurus and refracman

p1030091t.jpg

p1030089f.jpg

refracman

I also have to give a BIG THANKS to Kelly :thumbs2: . The show was great!. Sorry no pics from me BUT Andy was with me and he is quite the shutter bug. Think he took over 200 pics so...... Had a great time and sorta feel sorry for you other guys that couldn't make it.

And a lot of other things going on, mini pullers, antique pullers , to name a few. A really nice camp ground, big and shady.

Got to put a face to the names. Good to meet you guys!

Have to I hope we see more next year as I will making it a permanent stop on my show list!

ps, still a little foggy but the surgery went great guys.

stevasaurus

glad you're OK Steve...was excellent meeting all you guys.

I cruised right home (230 mi) it took Kelly.

Perry...boy am I glad that someone caught the Duke in the train car...that was a sight to see. I didn't evern have the guts to try...I give him credit. :thumbs2:

had one of those bottles of wine with my Mom yesterday, when I retruned. She wanted to know all about the show and the pictures. She knew how much my Dad loved his horses. Gentlemen...that is worth a million bucks. :thumbs:

Kelly

No pic's from me but keep them comming, I was there, but it was but a blur and the weekend was over, I had a great time, yes there is more to do and see then just the show, heck they even had a 3 year old pulling for his first time, on a Wheel horse, I plan to have tractor games for garden tractors next year, at least a few to start, and the kiddie train was pulled by a horse all weekend with my son Nick driving he loved it and wants to do it again next year.

Thanks Guys for a great time, more pictures PLEASE

HorseFixer

The first annual Great Lakes Wheel Horse show was a great success! Thanks Kelly and family for the invite and your hard work on this! :thumbs2: Everyone that showed are the ones that made it what it was! I see alot of promise of this show in the future. The camping was great, and well priced. MJ and I had alot of fun and met alot of great people for the first time. Perry, Stevasaurus, Andy Duvall, Erik RHH, and many for the second Bob whpny, Steve refracman, Kelly, TJ, Vic & Dic Mcneal,

Yep it was a great show and will plan on adding this one to our list. Hear are some pics!

The Stabbin Cabin Campsite... Steasaurus stopped by for a visit!

CharlotteTractorShow204.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow201.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow208.jpg

Andy Duvall & refracman steve came later on friday afternoon here is their setup.

CharlotteTractorShow161.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow162.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow163.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow173.jpg

Okay, Okay theres a little kid in all of us! I couldn't resist. :thumbs:

CharlotteTractorShow210.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow211.jpg

Can you believe this guy would wear a JD Shirt! That's Erik Red Horse Herd!

CharlotteTractorShow203.jpg

**** & Vic Mcneal

CharlotteTractorShow136.jpg

Bob Rocks Beast!

CharlotteTractorShow21.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow115.jpg

Gotta get me some of these warning stickers!

CharlotteTractorShow66.jpg

Dale Garver (thirdrock) and Bobbie stopped by and visited me and MJ

CharlotteTractorShow90.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow14-1.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow15-1.jpg

Other Pics Here And There!

CharlotteTractorShow45.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow40.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow39.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow37.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow35.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow54.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow57.jpg

There were some other nice looking machines!

CharlotteTractorShow111.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow110.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow118.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow124.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow125.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow126.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow127.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow184.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow199.jpg

Horsefixers Tent

CharlotteTractorShow3.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow29.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow28.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow202.jpg

Other Neat Tractors

CharlotteTractorShow10.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow13.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow138.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow139.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow146.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow147.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow150.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow151.jpg

CharlotteTractorShow159.jpg

nylyon

Outstanding pictures Duke, thank you for them and the commentary!

Nick

Great pictures..Looks like I missed yet another nice looking show. :thumbs2:

Did any stock Horses try the pull?

canam1991

Yes sir i tired the pulling and i liked it :ychain: came in third but i was going against the little horse above :thumbs2: :thumbs:

Butch

Great pics of the Dukester and the kids! :thumbs2: I guess his tractor won't start again and he's hitching a ride back to the RV!! Probably gonna call Charlie and see what the problem is! :ychain: Some nice looking tractors and pullers!Great Pics. I find the shows enjoyable just by watching all the little kids having a good time on their tractors. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Great pics of the Dukester and the kids! :thumbs2: I guess his tractor won't start again and he's hitching a ride back to the RV!! Probably gonna call Charlie and see what the problem is! :ROTF: Some nice looking tractors and pullers!Great Pics. I find the shows enjoyable just by watching all the little kids having a good time on their tractors. :thumbs:

Actually I was getting hungry and was hitchin a ride back to the RV to get some ribeye steak on crackers! :ychain:

Buzz

Great pictures Duke :thumbs: and thanks to everyone who posted them. :ychain: I enjoyed the photos of the "stabbin cabin" and of the "draggin wagon", you know the pick-up with the D-250 on the back. Two words sum it up....."air shocks". I hope he didn't have to come very far or the cost of traffic tickets would be more than the price of a pair of air shocks. But if he had just bought the D-250 at the show, well, I would have brought it home that way too :thumbs2:

rustbucket

that simplicity in the last few pictures looks almost like my yeoman freakiest machine i have ever driven. the rear pivots instead of the front axle.

bitten

We had all intintions of going, but....I would like to thank everyone for the pictures and discriptions of how it went. Looks like a very good turn out and fun was had by all. Some very nice looking horses showed up and Im sure it will be even a bigger turnout next year.

I just cant think why someone would disacreat a nice wheel horse by painting it that god awfull blue and Yellow, there should be a law agianst that.

Really hope we can make it next year.

mowerman1193

that simplicity in the last few pictures looks almost like my yeoman freakiest machine i have ever driven. the rear pivots instead of the front axle.

Yes that is a Simplicity Yeoman but it has the Simplicity Broadmoor ( larger ) rear tires and wheels on it..The Simplicity Serf, Yeoman, and early Broadmoors of the 1960's- mid 1970's all pivot in the middle like that..real weird feeling to drive over different terrain..

I had several of these ( collected them for awhile a few years back while taking a break from the Wheel Horse's ) a few years ago..They handle PTO driven tillers ect just like the bigger GT's..But most I remember of them is the mowing..never seen a mower that could make a rough lawn look good like these little mid pivoting tractors do..And this is from a Wheel Horse guy..LOL