Wheel-N-It

Need a Little 314H Help

Wheel-N-It

OK, so I'm working on a rescue 314Hydro. There appear to be a few electrical Gremlins that need to be sorted out. I'm pretty sure I can track it all down and make it work, but I need a little help with the starter relay. Can anyone tell me what the two control terminals are for? One terminal has one wire connected to it, and the other terminal has two wires connected to it , both in the same plug on connector. One terminal should engage the relay, but what is the other terminal for? Any help will be much appreciated because I don't want to put a +12volts to a terminal that's for a negative/ground wire. I don't want to burn up the starter relay or anything else. 

Thank you guys very much

Van

314H.jpg

• Like 1

Howie

One wire has 12 volts to activate the solenoid and the other is a ground.

Wheel-N-It
3 minutes ago, Howie said:

One wire has 12 volts to activate the solenoid and the other is a ground.

Are you saying the one with only one wire is the +12vplts from the ignition switch?  And the other two wires is to ground?  

Howie

I don't know for sure which one is which but suspect the single wire is the powered one. I always check with a test light

or an ohm meter. That way I am sure what each wire is.

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, Howie said:

I don't know for sure which one is which but suspect the single wire is the powered one. I always check with a test light

or an ohm meter. That way I am sure what each wire is.

I think you're right Howie, but I'm hoping someone can chime in who's been down this road before, in order that I don't have to hope for the best with the safety switches that are in series on the "Start" circuit. 

I've had the M14 running (570 hours on the meter) and it runs great, however its not charging, and it does not start with the ignition switch. So with that being said, if someone can part the clouds regarding the two control terminals on the relay, I can zero right in on the rest of the problems and make it all work like it should. (HOPEFULLY) :confusion-confused:

squonk

2 wires on one little terminal are grounds for the solenoid coil. Part of the oil safety circuit. Clean off the wires to get the color. Both should be black. The single little wire should be purple. The double wires shown on the battery side are the red wires on the big stud.

image.png.d72e35e838f9e9bc659ca0f63f98171e.png

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, squonk said:

2 wires on one little terminal are grounds for the solenoid coil. Part of the oil safety circuit. Clean off the wires to get the color. Both should be black. The single little wire should be purple. The double wires shown on the battery side are the red wires on the big stud.

image.png.d72e35e838f9e9bc659ca0f63f98171e.png

MIKE, YOU ARE AWESOME !!!!!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!! JUST WHAT I NEEDED !!!

Edited by Wheel-N-It

Wheel-N-It

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue::thanks:

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

MIKE, YOU ARE AWESOME !!!!!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!! JUST WHAT I NEEDED !!!

Woah woah woah Van, let’s not make Mike’s head any bigger than it already is!  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Wheel-N-It
Just now, Pullstart said:

Woah woah woah Van, let’s not make Mike’s head any bigger than it already is!  :lol:

LOL, i guess I did get a little carried away. Fortunately now I don't have to think about this all day while I'm at work :happy-bouncyblue:

• Haha 1

squonk
5 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Hey!  it ain't like I have a prime time talk show on cable or anything! :lol:

• Heart 1

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, squonk said:

Hey!  it ain't like I have a prime time talk show on cable or anything! :lol:

When the big wigs start calling, you need Van as a hype man!

Edited by Pullstart
  • Heart 1